Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Blister in pubic area. Herpes??

Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
Im in a long term relationship with my bf and we dont use condoms because I am on the pill. Yesterday I noticed I have a blister type thing at the top of my pubic area just below where my underpants line is. There is only one. I am going to go to a doctor tomorrow if I can but just wanted some opinions on this. I have never had cold sores or any stds before...
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper shelmabel
|

User Profile
replied December 4th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Is the blister on your vulva? Like in between your lips or by your clit? Also what exactly does the blister look like? Herpes sores are like this:

Start as a pimple like red bump, its itchy and sore
Bump pops and becomes an open lesion
Puss and blood come out
It forms a white film (like a white head)
The film turns into a scab
The sore heals after about a week

I have never had a sore on my upper pubic region (like where the hair line is) IS this where it is?
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
It could be something simple like a pimple. However, if you have reason to believe you have been infected with herpes, it could be that too.
|

I dont recall any pus or blood coming out of it... although I just had a shower and it now looks like it has a hole in the middle :s It is quite high in the pubis area where the hair is... It is not near my vulva. It hasnt been itchy but it is a bit sore if i press on it
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
My guess is a pimple.

Of course only a doc can tell you, though. Very Happy
|

I hope so Smile Thanks for your help
|

User Profile
replied December 5th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
yeah it sounds like an ingrown hair
|

replied December 5th, 2007
Experienced User
Okay, I Had This One
princess_bubs wrote:
I dont recall any pus or blood coming out of it... although I just had a shower and it now looks like it has a hole in the middle :s It is quite high in the pubis area where the hair is... It is not near my vulva. It hasnt been itchy but it is a bit sore if i press on it

I have had this happen to me more than once. Sometimes, boils/bumps may appear around or near the hair line. It is very possible that you have an ingrown hair or you have a boil that is coming, meaning it will get riper until it burst and the inflammation comes out. Usually, a hot compress with a wash cloth helps to open the pore and release the inflammation.

If it is an ingrown here, don't take my bad advice, but I grab a mirror and a sterilized tweezer and start hunting.
|

replied August 3rd, 2009
pubic blister?
I have something similar, it only it is at the hair line that is right before the crevice where my thigh and pubic area meet. It started hurting yesterday, but I thought i just pulled some hairs, and then this morning it felt like I had a cut or something (I am a virgin). And it is about the size of the tip of my pinky, it is really red, did have a brown scab or something on it, and it now opened and bled but I don't think there was puss. It now just looks like a little hole.... could you help me out?
|

replied December 28th, 2009
sounds like a boil to me...make sure you keep it clean and dry and put some antiseptic on it, and it might be sore but should heal up pretty soon.
|

replied July 20th, 2010
it hurts
I got the same but mine are several they itch before it comes out they it's just payneful I had sex with my bf 7weeks ago bout twice he is in the military before that it's bein 2yrs with out sex Mine r open wounds and don't bleed just puss comes out like pimple like I keep rubbin alcohol soyhey won't get inffected cut it's a huge concern. and the r only on my upper area nothin close to my vulva or nothin there
|

replied August 27th, 2010
Please help
i am rally scared because i have i blood blister on my lower privet area (girl) i don't wont to o to the doctors because i am to young to go on my own please help

Women only please
|

replied October 3rd, 2010
for the past cpl of weeks i have noticed some red open sores, and lil red blisters on my vaginal area, labia area, the sores do not bleed, and there is no pulse comin out, but it does itch at times but not as sore, does anybody might know what it may be?
|

replied February 28th, 2012
Help ! Please !
I have a what looks like a blister or ingrown hair on my pubic area right on the hair line a little bit between where my leg "crease"and my vagina hair line starts or w.e I have not had this before and I have not had sex in a really long time. It's red. It does not itch just a little soar if I push on it
|

replied June 14th, 2012
any suggestions?
I have scabs on my private area. Where the hair is. My bf an I use a condom 99% of the time. (I know it only takes one time) but we both lost our virginities to eachother and I have no reason to think he's cheating. But I didn't even notice them, he did. They bleed if I pick at them. But I have no idea what it is. Any suggestions? It hasn't been that long since I shaved (about four weeks, I don't do it often). But I'm going to tomorrow to see if I can get a closer look.
|

replied October 17th, 2012
Pus Bump
Im 27.....Last week I found a bump right below my pantie line. On my pubic area. IT STARTED TO SWELL, THEN became red. I popped it, blood and pus came out, clear liquid type.very sore, then I noticed a small hole in the center. Today its a scab..WHAT COULD THIS BE???
|

replied September 2nd, 2013
Tiny soars in vaginal area or hairs
I read your comments and had the same. I am not sexually active. I've had soars come a little lower than my hip towards the pelvic area and soars in my top hair line of the pelvic area. I went to the doctor and she took a sample for testing. It was not herpes. It is zoster which is the first signs of shingles. It lays dormant. Stress, worry and anxiety brings outbreaks. Ask your doctor for best treatment for you.
|
Quick Reply