Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Took Pill 1 Day Early

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
Now I understand why it's important to take the placebos. I'm on orthotricyclin-lo and I was on my placebo week. I was supposed to start taking the "week 1" pills today, on Sunday. But somehow I got confused and I took the first one of the cycle a day early on saturday. I'm supposed to take the next one in a few minutes, so I'm just going to take it...but I'm not sure what to do, do I just start my cycle on saturday from now on or do I need to go in and see if I can get an extra "week 1 pill" or something else?

Thanks for any insight,

-Alicia
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper garnetajg13
|

replied December 2nd, 2007
Experienced User
just start your cycle on saturday now. If you take a pill early to change your cycle it's not a big problem. I once changed mine instead of starting on a sunday i started on a thursday (so i started my pills 3 days early) so that i wouldn't get periods on weekends Very Happy What you need to worry about is if you take the pill late (after day 5).
Hope this helps.
|

replied December 2nd, 2007
Ok, that's good to hear. I definitely didn't take any pills late, I just started my new cycle earlier. Although, in the future, changing it to thursday might not be a bad idea. Good thinking.
|

replied August 11th, 2009
Starting day: Is delaying one day ok?
I usually take my first pill (yasmin) on friday morning which works great because I never have to worry about getting my period on weekends. However I recently and by mistake took two pills together thinking I had forgotten the day before (which I had not). I ended my pack on wed instead of thursday. This made my period start a bit earlier (sunday afternoon, instead of monday night). I do not wish to change my starting day (friday) but if I don't that will mean I'll be taking 8 free days instead of the required 7. Is this really that bad; and most important: what are the consequences? I always hear people starting earlier to change their date, not delaying a day...Will I have to start now on thursday to keep the 7 day stretch your supposed to?
|

replied March 9th, 2013
started pills too early
I got mixed up with my days and started my very first pill tonight, Saturday instead of tomorrow which is when I'm supposed to start them. This is my very first pack of pills..do I just takw one tomorrow? Or do I skip it and continue monday?
I've read that some girls chose their days to be thursday. I'm on the 28 day pack
Thanks!
|

replied October 4th, 2013
I am on my first pack on Tri-Sprintec. I am on my 3rd week and I was suppose to take Friday's pill today, however, instead I accidently took Saturday's pill. What should I do?
|

replied October 5th, 2013
Community Volunteer
I am assuming you took Sunday's pill today (Saturday)? Just take Friday's pill on Sunday, and them Mondays pill Monday.
|

replied October 13th, 2013
what happens if I by accident took my pill 7 hours before I was supposed too?!
|

replied October 13th, 2013
Community Volunteer
Nothing much. Take the next one next one 5 hours early, then the next day 2 hours early, then the third day on time and then stay on that schedule.
|