Medical Questions > Womens Health > Fertility Forum

When Is the Girl Most Fertile?

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
I had sex with my girlfriend few days before her period im guessing around 4 days before her period. Is that considered her most fertile period?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper impulser23
|

replied December 2nd, 2007
Experienced User
No.
The most fertile time is after she has ovulated (about 8-10 days after the first day of her period).
It is possible to get pregnant at any time during the cycle though. Every woman is different.
Hope this helps.
|

replied December 3rd, 2007
Supporter
wait do u mean 8-10 days after the last day of her period? how can she be most fertile if the egg is already being get rid of.
|

replied December 4th, 2007
Experienced User
ok sorry ovulation is usually at day 12-14.
Day 1 = first day of her period.
The egg is released after her period is over.
|

replied December 4th, 2007
Supporter
is ovulation a fancy way of saying "egg releasing"? sorry im not good with this stuff. Im trying to educate myself more. So ovulation is 12-14 days after the first day of her period?
|

replied December 5th, 2007
Experienced User
yes
|

replied August 18th, 2009
please reply .
if i want to get my girlfriend pregnant ? how do i know what day is the best to try ?
|

replied February 26th, 2012
Fertility of Woman
hmmmnn,,getting pregnant is not a good idea...dont ever think of that way...
|

replied July 10th, 2011
So can you tell me this i finished my period on Tuesday last week and then thursday saturday and sunday me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex what are my chances at being pregnant??
|

replied February 26th, 2012
Community Volunteer
It depends on how long your cycles are,and how long your period lasted.

Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday does not really mean anything.
|

replied April 11th, 2012
when the woman exactly be safe?
|

replied April 11th, 2012
Community Volunteer
When using condoms or birth control pills. The rest of the time safety is relative. There are more safe times, and less safe times, never absolutely safe times.

The safest times are from 10 days before her next menstruation until the last day of her period. If she has cycles less than 22 days, there may be no safer days.
|

replied April 28th, 2012
my question is:
april 24 is my firsy day of my menstration. and counting 14 days from the first day of my period is untill may 8 was that means that i can be pregnant when we had an intercourse from my first day untill my lasta day of ovulation which is may 8?
|

replied April 28th, 2012
Community Volunteer
Menstruation does not take place 14 days after your last period, unless you have perfect 28 day cycles.

The magical formula is between 16 and 12 days before your NEXT period. Average 14 days before.

Ovulation takes 15 minutes, and once your egg is out, it stays alive for 8 to 24 hours. So that is the time his sperm can fertilize your egg. His sperm can stay alive inside your body, waiting for your egg forum to 5 days. So if you ovulate in that 5 days after he ejaculated inside you, you have a chance of getting pregnant.

The chance of pregnancy is actually fairly low. Only about 30%. Even if Heis fresh sperm meets your alive egg.
|

replied May 28th, 2012
urgent question
I believe my girlfriends period was last week wednesday, lasting until friday. We had unprotected sex yesterday, approximately 12 days after the beginning of her last period, however only a portion of the semen could have entered her. Should I be afraid?
|

replied May 28th, 2012
Community Volunteer
Yes, if semen got into her vagina. There is a good chance that day 12 of her cycle is a fertile day.
|

replied June 18th, 2012
Experienced User
It's my understanding that 3 days before her cycle takes place and 3 days after her cycle has ended is the most fertile time.
|

replied June 18th, 2012
Community Volunteer
Fortunately not. Fertility and menstruation are at opposite ends of a woman's cycle.
|

replied June 20th, 2012
Experienced User
OK I was off by a day or two but there is a time before and after a women's cycle begins and ends. Here's the info that I have from net doctor UK Kristigraham:Not only this but if the egg is in the uteus wall, which is 3 days afterwards I highly doubt that day 7 is a magical day. And the time frames vary due to women's cycle's being different. Below is says two days before and seven days after. So in reality it's 2 days before and 7 days after, but there is a time frame before and after a women's monthly cycle she can conceive.
I would remind you to back up information with data.

The average menstrual cycle is 28-days - that is counting day one as the first day of menstrual bleeding then the next period is due to start 28 days later.

The period comes because an egg fails to get fertilised. The period comes about 12 to 14 days after the egg is produced.

Therefore, in the average 28 day cycle the egg is produced around day 14. Sperms can live happily 48 hours in the vagina or the uterus so the most fertile time is day 12 to day 16.

The least likely time to conceive is from day one to day seven. If your cycle is different from 28 days on average you have to adjust the calculations - the important thing to remember is that the egg is produced about 14 days before the next period starts.
|

replied June 22nd, 2012
Community Volunteer
I am not sure what you are arguing about? You said a woman is most fertile 3 days before her period, and 3 days after her period. I merely pointed out that that is incorrect. She is not fertile for at least 10 days before her period, and very unlikely to be fertile for the first 3 days after her period unless she has a very long flow.

I see you have now done your research and what you wrote now is correct.
|

replied January 2nd, 2013
What happens if have an unprotected sex on the 2 day of the period . Is it the fertile period and will it get pregnant?
|

replied January 2nd, 2013
Community Volunteer
It is not normally a fertile day. It is not impossible to get pregnant then, but it is very unlikely.
|

replied February 25th, 2013
I had sex with my girlfriend on the last day of her period... If she is normally late on her period and she's three days late right now, is she pregnant? Please answer A.S.A.P
|

replied June 9th, 2013
Just askin. :)
I have my period last June 1. When was my fertile date?
|

replied June 9th, 2013
Community Volunteer
95% of women ovulate between 12amd 16 days before menstruation. The fertile week starts around 5 days before ovulation, and ends a day after ovulation.
|

replied August 27th, 2013
answer me please
my period is not regular.. my period is only 2 to 3 days..! when i get a fertile?. and if i am fertile do i get pregnant? please reply
|

replied October 7th, 2013
my girlfriend and i had sex last sex last september 22 , and it is unprotected . and my semen got into her vagina . she's delay as of now . is she pregnant ? her last day of period was september 1 . please answer me .
|

replied October 7th, 2013
Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex today and her period started last Monday and ended Friday of the same week. I pulled out. Should I be worried?
|
Tags: Fertility, period, sex
Quick Reply