Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Achey Legs In late Pregnancy

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hi everyone. Since i was about 7 months preg i've been getting achey legs when ever i lay down. Night time is terrible! I have to keep shifting from one side to the other all night! and if i lay on my back i get a trapped nerve from where hes lying on a nerve!! I'm 39 weeks preg now. Any idea what the achey legs are? i've tried using a pillow under my legs or in between my legs but nothing seems to work!!! Any other suggestions anyone????
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper TRACEY12345
|

replied December 2nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
its normal hun

my advice: icy hot. iut works wonders
just slap some on and i hope it helps!
|

User Profile
replied December 2nd, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I think at this point, there's not much to do but wait it out. The end is near. I'm close to 39 weeks too (38 weeks 4 days) and have the same problem; I just can't get comfortable at night--legs ache, hips ache, back aches, pelvis aches...everything aches, I just can't get comfortable. At least, our babies will be here soon! Have you tried taking Tylenol PM to see if it might help a bit with the pain or at least get you to sleep?
|

User Profile
replied December 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
yes i remember when i was heavily pregnant and everything ached! not much helped except relaxing in a nice warm bath
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
rosejackson wrote:
yes i remember when i was heavily pregnant and everything ached! not much helped except relaxing in a nice warm bath

LOL i can't even get in the bath anymore Sad
|

User Profile
Supporter
Hollyberries wrote:
rosejackson wrote:

LOL i can't even get in the bath anymore Sad

I got stuck in the bath Sad It was the day i was going in to be induced so i was having a nice relaxing bath before i left and when the time came to come out i was stuck! I drained the water out grabbed a towel off the side of the bath and shputed for my mum. I was so embarrased but little did i know m,y mum would see me give birth the day later
|

replied April 14th, 2009
35 weeks pregnant
Hi everyone
I have the same aching feeling at the tops of my legs and in between and really low bad back ache. I know i had these pains in previous pregnancies but not at 35 weeks, it was always at about 38. As this is my 5th pregnancy does this mean im going to have these pains for the next 5 -6 weeks or is there a chance this is a sign that i could go into labour early????
|

replied April 14th, 2009
Experienced User
hiya,

i did have this from about the same time as you. It just worse towards the end, well i think it did! or i had just had enough by 39 weeks. After giving birth, the aches continued, i then discovered my legs were swollen. So raising them quite high helped for me. I had about 4 or 5 pillows under my legs. And keeping legs raised as much as you can. I also used a syrup, it was disgusting! it helped drain excess water!! but im not sure if you could do that now!! i do sympathize with you!
|