Medical Questions > Cancer > Cervical Cancer and Ovarian Cancer Forum

What Are Sympthoms of Hpv With Related Pain In Hip?

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
I was diagnosed about six months ago with having HPV with the high risk types. My doctor did a Pap smear. The diagnosis was that. She sent me to a GYN who did a coloscopy and a procedure to remove a portion of my cervix to be sent in for biopsy.

I was told that I had a total hysterectomy at 28 years of age so cannot understand how this could be a threat. However, the GYN said there was still a little bit of cervix left in there. My daughter had told me that would probably be the case.

It is hard to explain, but for months, I have this low level pain in that area almost like menstral cramping. The GYN checked for any kind of cysts but did not find any mass.

A few weeks ago, I was doing some ironing, when my iron fell off and onto the carpet. I made a sudden motion to get the iron before it burned my carpet and I felt this horrible, searing pain in my left hip. I felt and actually heard a popping sound. Saw stars. I could barely straighten back up. Laid down and was careful for days.

Then, I had to go back out to work in my vineyard. Leaned over again in that same position, going from left over sharply to the right and the same pain. I made it back to the house.

Now, I find that any kind of sitting is extremely painful. Is it possibly that I have a hairline fracture in my hip?

Or, is it possible that this is somehow connected to the HPV which might possibly have gone on into the bladder or anal cavitiy?

There are times when I have to get to the bathroom as it is so urgent.

Lee told me you would be able to help me.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 15th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Roberta I think the pain is related to some torn muscle or something. But it is by no means Hpv related. The cervical high risk types of hpv are totally painless even if you have lessions.

why did you had a total hysterectomy so young?
|

User Profile
replied December 15th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Total Hysterectomy At 28
We were using an IUD for birth control and it perforated my uterus, gave me peritonitis with coming very close to losing my life. They took out everything except apparently there is a small portion of the cervix in there as my doctor found.

Thanks for the information about the pain in the hip. Lesions don't cause pain? I know something wakes me up with throbbing like a low level menstral cramping.
Will be going back for a follow-up pap smear in February.
|

replied December 18th, 2007
I've had an ovarian cyst a few times, always on the right ovary. One time one burst at the start of my period and I had pain much worse than any other menstrual cramps.

I had a hysterectomy about 18 yrs ago at about age 45 for uterine prolapse. Then about 4 yrs ago my vagina was prolapsing, and my gyn did a vaginal vault, surgically attaching a piece of dacron fabric to the top of my vagina on the abdominal side and attaching the other end of the fabric to my spine. Before the surgery we agreed that he would not remove my ovaries unless there was something wrong with one or both.

In spite of the fact that no abnormality had been felt during any exam, he found a "growth" on my right ovary and removed the ovary. He referred to it as a "growth" right after the surgery, but called a few days later to tell me that the TUMOR was benign. Over the years I'd frequently been awakened at night with that low-level-menstrual-cramping-like, throbbing-kinda-burning pain on the right side of my abdomen.
|

Btw, none of my cervix was left after the hysterectomy. I was HPV positive about a year and a half ago, and again on a repeat test a few months later. My gyn did a culposcopy; no lesions. Then a normal pap this past June. HPV can cause cancer not only of the cervix but also of the vagina and rectum
|

Especially eHealthy
Re: Total Hysterectomy At 28
Roberta777 wrote:
We were using an IUD for birth control and it perforated my uterus, gave me peritonitis with coming very close to losing my life. They took out everything except apparently there is a small portion of the cervix in there as my doctor found.

Thanks for the information about the pain in the hip. Lesions don't cause pain? I know something wakes me up with throbbing like a low level menstral cramping.
Will be going back for a follow-up pap smear in February.

Lesions do not cause pain.
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
Thank You For Responding
to my questions on the low level menstral cramping, throbbing like pain which does wake me up at night. You are the first person to also describe what I feel. Kind of like a tooth ache. You can feel your pulse down there.

I am going in to have a colonoscopy in August. It will be five years since my last one where they did find a polyp which turned out to be benign. But, my father died at 56 from colon cancer. I called my sister and both of my brothers to tell them to get tested. My youngest brother already had colon cancer but by going in to be tested they caught it in time. Otherwise, they said in two years time, he would have been in real trouble. Out of four children, two of us found to be in danger of colon cancer.

I am going to call my doctor and have her check this out. She is a great doctor and takes time to really listen to you.

Thanks for your help.

I appreciate it.
|

User Profile
replied January 11th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Hi, Roberta777
Sorry for delay post!
Have you visited a doctor for your hip already?
Do you feel pain or discomfort when you move your leg in different positions?
Did you get your hip examined with x-ray or CT scan?

Experiencing pain in the pelvic area, legs, and back, and discomfort while urinating, or blood in the urine, may indicated cervical malignancy.

Best wishes
Marija
|

replied March 3rd, 2008
Hope you're feeling better, Roberta777.
|

replied February 5th, 2009
did you have any abnormal bleeding
just curious or any other symptom
|