Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

seeing halos and ghosting around light

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
I'm 16, and I've been experiencing a type of vision problem for quite a few years now. At first I was able to forget about one of the problems I had encountered at the age of around 8 years of age. I can't seem to figure out why I'm getting a type of white/other ghosting around light objects/colours or even people in a well lit room, like my eye is misplacing light. However, if I look at small lights or big lights, I get a type of halo, with rainbow effected colours. The bigger the light, the worse the mass of the halo. Standing right upto the light decreases the mass, and moving furhter back increases it. ( I've also noticed moving my hand across the sky outside, I get a type of black motion shadow that follows the moving hand)
Although not all lights I look at or light colours look like halos, they can be spreaded out like someones smudged a chemical in my eye, and if I blink or close my eyelids slightly, the type of misplaced light forms a different shape.
I see them more at night time, than I do at light, depending on what I'm looking at.

Please help, I'm really worried this could be serious.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 15th, 2009
I don't know if you are a believer that humans have souls, but I experience the same thing all the time, and I don't believe it's an optical problem with your eye. I am 22, and I am a deeply spiritual person, though not what you would call religious. I just instinctvly know that a:There is a Divine Creator and he loves me, and all of us. b: I have a soul and c: The World as we know it is about to change. Living in the materialistic world of today, I had to scout my own course of contemplating and understanding these core parts of my being. I think you really are seeing light reflecting/refracting off your own divine energy. More and more people will see it the closer we get to the change, just follow the Voice within that inspires you and you will find the info you need to accept what you see.
|
Users who thank pandora99 for this post: swirlygig 

replied May 21st, 2011
I also have the same problem. I am 19, and am a deeply spiritual person and advocate of no religion. However, in my eyes this effect is really bad, and though I do know I am blessed to be able to naturally experience this fractallization and see how it has inspired my art (bandanas behind people's heads), and see how it inspired even Master da Vinci (the halos in his works were thought to be brought on by this phenomenon)... I do, thusly, know it is an eye "condition". My mon has such terrible misshapenness of her cornea that she's legally blind, so I know I'm predisposed to bad vision and eye problems. I've come to appreciate that I can see rainbows out of nowhere! But I also take it that I should probably start wearing glasses again. If you do some research on what eye condition da Vinci had, you'll find the name of it; that was actually the research I was doing that led me to your question. If you find the name please email me. Keep letting those rainbow halos shine, unless it means something bad.. haha.
|

replied May 21st, 2011
I also have the same problem. I am 19, and am a deeply spiritual person and advocate of no religion. However, in my eyes this effect is really bad, and though I do know I am blessed to be able to naturally experience this fractallization and see how it has inspired my art (bandanas behind people's heads), and see how it inspired even Master da Vinci (the halos in his works were thought to be brought on by this phenomenon)... I do, thusly, know it is an eye "condition". My mon has such terrible misshapenness of her cornea that she's legally blind, so I know I'm predisposed to bad vision and eye problems. I've come to appreciate that I can see rainbows out of nowhere! But I also take it that I should probably start wearing glasses again. If you do some research on what eye condition da Vinci had, you'll surely find something; that was actually the google search that led me here.

Also, these symptoms get a LOT worse after a long night of drinking and partying, and I get the tracers as well, but I don't know if that's a result of the smoking hole from Dead tour where bits of my light processors used to be in my brain or part of the symptoms of the condition. I only read that da Vinci had halos, but that might explain the man with multiple juxtapositions of arms & legs. Email me if you find things out about this. I always knew da Vinci had it, but he got old. It's good to know I'm not the only person under 20 with it.
|

replied February 26th, 2012
Seeing large halos possibly caused by mold allergy
I just experienced seeing this today. I am a mold remediation contractor in pittsburgh pa and went into a efice house with confirmed mold in it but to not knowing the possible extent of the problem. While at my inspection, my eyes began watering like i was about to cry. Upon leaving i began seeing massive halos around all lights including street lights, traffic lights, car lights and basically light i looked into.

We know that there is mold in the house but do not know the extent of it. I believe there is a direct correlation between the halos i am seeing to mold exposure. A friend of mine who is allergic to mold recommended taking benedryl to offset some of these issues. In the mean-time we will be running indoor air-quality tests.
|