Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Sharp Stabbing Pain....down There!!

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
Its been happening on and off for the past week at least!! Only when i'm standing or walking about. It does hurt quite a bit.

I'm 36 weeks and 5 days and i am due to be induced sunday 9th due to Gracie not growing. Is this a sign that i would be going into labour earlier than sunday?

I think i'm starting to loose my mucus plug as well. Its only coming out in bits but it does resemble snot!!(sorry tmi)

What do you think? Has anyone ever experience this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 2nd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I don't know hun.... does it feel like she's trying to poke out through your crotch? Because I've been feeling that for the last few weeks at random times, and it's normal. But with you, I don't know, because I haven't had any problems with the baby's growth, so with you it might be something other than just a normal pregnancy thing.

Oh jeeze, that didn't really help you at all, did it? Sad
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Katrinadoodle wrote:
I don't know hun.... does it feel like she's trying to poke out through your crotch? Because I've been feeling that for the last few weeks at random times, and it's normal. But with you, I don't know, because I haven't had any problems with the baby's growth, so with you it might be something other than just a normal pregnancy thing.

Oh jeeze, that didn't really help you at all, did it? Sad

Yeah it does in a way feel like she's trying to poke out!!

I've just got this bad feeling that something is going to happen this week and i'm home alone till sunday! scared

Probably making too much out of it anyway!! Thanks for your help Katrina! Smile
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I got those feelings too. I think she's moving down to the birthing canal. Friday night i felt her moving from 1030pm to 230am, and a couple times i felt her really low, and then i would get a really large contraction. i think baby is getting ready, and i have been losing my plug for the last 3 days. I'm sure you could go in before sunday. But don't trust my information, cause i'm not sure. Just from what i've gathered on the internet.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
That's your cervix, sweetie! It's very possible that you're dilating and/or effacing! When you stand, gravity pulls Gracie's head down and the pressure against your cervix encourages it to thin and open. I know it's not comfortable Sad I don't miss those days! But it is your body preparing itself.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Oh thank you so much!!Smile

I feel so much better now knowing whats going on!! Geeze i hope that she holds out till sunday evening at least!!! Stephens working away for the week just to get some extra cash before he has a few weeks off to help me!!

Fiingers crossed!
|