Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hypoglycemia Forum

Is This Hypoglycemia? shaky and lightheaded

Hello everyone,

I'm new, I just found this site. I see that you guys get a lot of people asking if their symptoms fit.. so I'm about to join them, can you please tell me if you think mine sound like it? I've really been trying to figure out whats wrong with me. and I wonder if maybe this is it. I tend to have problems with feeling shakey.. well if I go too long without eating I feel, weird? I don't know its slightly shakey but not really shakey. If I eat something like pancakes for breakfast I shake afterwards so I've always just eaten protein with that, so say I have pancakes I eat nuts too. Anyway I get other weird symptoms, sometimes I see jagged lines.. i think thats an optical migraine, my mom gets them too. But they seem to somehow be brought on by diet too bt I'm not sure how it works. I get a lot of yeast infections too.. well, anyway I've been trying to figure out whats the problem with my diet. I thought fructose intolerant.. so I read that pasta was safe on that diet. So today I slept through breakfast. Got up and made pasta with a little spinach and ate that. about 30 minutes later I felt really shakey and my vision was weird. Not as if I couldn't see but like just not right.. I ate some pistachios and the shaking went away. Anyway I've always had problems with where I feel shakey a lot. I think its sometimes both before and after I eat if I wait too long to eat. and just after I eat if I eat carbs without protein. then just generally I tend to have these little problems where if I stand up I can feel light headed, if I lay on my stomach and read sometimes when I change position I feel light headed. Its just weird. I know to really find out whats wrong i need to go to the doctor. But no insurance has kept me from going. I figured out that in my budget I can go at the end of december. But I want something to go on, a starting point, to avoid as much unnecessary stuff as possible.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 1st, 2007
Community Volunteer
Definitely sounds like a possibility. The problem is that the definitive answer quickly is the GTT. Other than that, you can simply try the diet, which won't hurt you, and see the results, but this can take several months so it's not a fast fix or a fast discovery, but your symptoms are consistent.
|

replied December 1st, 2007
Thanks
Thank you, I will try the diet.
|