Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Noice In Ear While Chewing

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
In the last week, I can hear some noise in my right ear following each chewing. I tried to clear ear wax, there is not very much.
The sound likes when you twist a small paper ball beside the ear, but it has a lower pitch. No hearing difficulties at all, no pain, nothing wrong until chewing!

Anyone explain? Thanks,

Sand
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile TMJWorld
|

User Profile
replied November 30th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
have you ever had jaw problems at all? it may be coming from the joint. or tissue being moved around. ---is is like a squeeky low pich?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
have you ever had jaw problems at all? it may be coming from the joint. or tissue being moved around. ---is is like a squeeky low pich?
|

Sound Disappears Sometimes
I have never jaw problem.
The sound is squeaky. I noticed today that jumping up and down also evoke the sound but it is milder. The funniest is that the head position also makes big difference: if I tilt my head on right side at 90 degree (my right ear has the sound) or low down my head > 90 degree front, the jaw movement no longer make the noise!! But it remains the same if I tilt my head on the left or back at 90 degree.

I will see if I can find something more strange.

I do not believe there is any serious problem, but it must have an explanation.

Thanks for you all to help me solve the puzzle.

Sand
|

replied January 1st, 2010
Re: Noise in the ear while chewing
I have the exact as same issue; I have been using my jaw (eating alot) my body temperature is very warm, close hot and the weather outside is very cold. Are you in simplier conditions?

Gabriel
|

replied June 3rd, 2010
I have the same thing, except it only happens for 1 meal every couple of days or so. it doesn't HURT so much as it kind of makes me wince. It's really annoying, sort of like rubber rubbing together? I can't really explain it.
|

replied June 6th, 2010
I think maybe it is because of some problem with teeth.
Have you get checkup with a dentist?
|

replied March 6th, 2012
4 year old with sqeaking sound while chewing
My 4 year old grandaughter has the same squeaking sound coming from her head. She doesn't complain about pain, in fact she acts as though she's not aware of it.

Does anyone know if this is a serious enough problem to see a doctor about?
|

replied May 27th, 2012
Ear noise while chewing and ear lobe itches.
i have had that too now for about 2 weeks or more. SO far I have read that it could be ear wax , bone dislodgment, jaw problem, tooth issue and even ear bugs.
What should i do? im scared now.
|
Quick Reply