Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > High Blood Pressure and Hypertension Forum

Thin blood caused by Benicar HCT ?

Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....
Hi, Everyone. I just increased my dose of Benicar HCT. I went from the 20/12.5 to the 40/20. I have been taking this for about 2 weeks. Today I went to the Dr. for sinus/flu like symptom and when the nurse did my bllod test, my blood was real thin looking. She even asked if I was taking asprin, which I am not. I have never really seen my blood like this. I have always had thick blood, where it was sometimes hard to get out for blood test. Would the Benicar cause this? Is this a good thing or bad thing?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper nate737
|

User Profile
replied November 30th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Thin blood means blood with decreased number of a type of blood cells called platelets, that help in blood coagulation.
Have you done a regular blood check recently?
What's your platelet count?
Have you talked with your doctor about that?
Do you take other meds, too?
|
Did you find this post helpful?