Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

fluttering in my lower abdomen/upper pelvic area - can I be preg

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I am feeling fluttering in my lower abdomen/upper pelvic area and have had some spotting. My next period is due Dec 13th. I am scheduled to have an ultrasound in dec. I took a pregnancy test about a month ago and it came out negative. Can I be pregnant?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper aquashell
|

replied December 2nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
NO
you wouldnt even feel this stuff even if you are preg

its way too early
|

User Profile
replied December 4th, 2007
Community Volunteer
Although spotting can be a sign of pregnancy, "fluttering" which might be expected as the first movements of the baby, aren't usually felt until at least 18 weeks, and this varies from woman to woman. It is hard, but usually it is time that will solve the "am I pregnant" issue.
|

replied August 5th, 2009
Help!!
im feeling the same way, im feeling fluttering in my lower abdomine too and i have taken pregnancy test and they all say negative,

could it be phantom movements? i just had a baby 4 1/2 months ago.....but i have been getting my period and everything, but having pains and everything like when i was pregnant before.....

its like a fluttering, i dont know what it could be....do you???
|

replied September 15th, 2011
i have a somewhat simila issue, i have PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) my last period was June 6, 2011 and as of September 15, 2011 i have still yet to get it. my boyfriend and i had sex 2 weeks after my period which were normal give or take a few days. with pcos it can generally be harder to get pregnant. i took 2 tests 2 weeks after i had missed my first period and they were both negative. now my stomach has been feeling hard and bloated and im not having any period cramps or anything. im only 17 years old and im scared to tell my mom because i dont even know if i am pregnant, but ive also been feeling like a flutter in my stomach, i feel it pretty often when im standing up and laying down. my pants have also been fitting tighter and one pair i cant even button. i dont know what to do. Help
|