Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

I Officially Hate... (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
sciatica. its driving me up the wall! it hurts so much now and im only 8 weeks. what's it going to be like when i'm full term?
ive mentioned it to my doctor. i just hope i can move out of these flats before it gets any worse Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 29th, 2007
Supporter
I had it to real early on, and I asked my doc about it any he said, get over it because it will only get worse!! JERK!!! lol...but it did get better for me after 20ish weeks..
|

Especially eHealthy
Have you asked about physical therapy?
|

Extremely eHealthy
lol, i guess he answered you like that because he must get lots of the same complaints. Thank god i am not a dr. cause i'd be like that too .lol
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I'm sorry Sad When did it start hurting?

Why does it hurt early in pregnancy? I thought it was only later when the baby was putting pressure on your pelvis.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
i don't think i'll have time for any physical therapy as it is, but i am going to cut down on my hours after christmas, so i'll ask at my 12 week scan when i see the midwife. my doctor didn't seem really concerned about it. she just wrote it in my notes and said the housing people probably wont do anything about moving until later on in the pregnancy. by then i'll probably be house bound, unable to go down the stairs! i thought it only occurred later on in the pregnancy aswell as i only got it with william in my last trimester, but it came in strong force last week and it's been getting worse since then Sad
|

Extremely eHealthy
It's because you had it last time that you got it again. Usually it does not show until your uterus has significantly stretched ......
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
oh joy! lol i guess i just have to live with it and hope it doesnt get any worse
|

Extremely eHealthy
ahh no one ever said being a woman was easy! lol poor you...i know the feeling .
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
and they say pregnancy is supposed to be the best time of your life and you're meant to be glowing! i would so love to see bobby go through what us women go through!
|

Extremely eHealthy
yea huh ! thats what they say but i hated my pregnancy. I only really loved and miss terribly the feeling of my son rolling around in me . Other than that i hate it!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
tell me about it. i loved it when i could see william moving inside me, but it kind of got annoying near the end. the amount of water infections i caught during my pregnancy and also thrush! i was so glad i didnt have morning sickness with william, but i did this time but its gone now thankgod! i so cant wait until the end and the baby is here Smile im so impatient
|

Especially eHealthy
Actually, pregnancy sucks for a very lot of women. It can be depressing and incredibly rought with sickness. Sad

What happens in early pregnancy is that your body produces hormones that loosen your joints (progesterone) and during that, your hips may shift slightly. Don't worry, it all goes away afterwards.

Stopping activity will only stop the pain during the time you are 'resting'. Trust me. I was thinking I'd be saving up all my energy and getting myself better by resting - but it does not happen. You will not 'get better'. This is a condition that is going to go on until you deliver. As rough as it is that Dallas' mommy's doctor said tough it out - cuz that does seem pretty callous! - it is true.

You have 8 weeks down and 32 to go.

Check into physical therapy, chiropractic care an massage therapy. Don't put it off because you are only short changing yourself! Wink
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
thanks ingi! you always have such great advice. seriously, if it gets any worse, anything will help Smile
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
ICE ICE ICE ICE ICE ICE ICE And Yoga
|

Extremely eHealthy
What the heck is that?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Ice and yoga? My advice is to ice multiple times per day and perhaps check into some yoga lessons in the area.
|

User Profile
replied November 30th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I loved being pregnant! Even though I was only 17 and my whole situation sucked lol I had a good pregnancy.

Rose are there no lifts in that building? Is it a council flat?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
its a council flat, with absolutely no lifts! its a big pain in the ass, especially when i have shopping. i've got to take william up first, put him in his room. then take the shopping up and then the buggy! it's definately not good, especially when you're pregnant aswell
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
Yeah thats really bad, especially if there's a lot of floors. Could you ask them about putting in a lift?
|
12 >>