Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

Back From the Hospital

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
I feel TERRIBLE.

I had the op at 10.30am on tuesday & I was told I would be able to go home that afternoon. Well, things didn't exactly go to plan Sad

While I was coming round from the anaesthetic I inhaled quite a bit of blood so I couldn't breathe. I remember coughing & coughing, desperate for air.. it was horrible. They put an oxygen mask on me & did a chest x-ray (I barely remember that part) but the oxygen wasn't enough & I needed a nebulizer.

After a few hours my breathing improved & I could manage on my own again. The pain killers kicked in & I felt a lot better by tea time.. I even had some soup without a problem. I wanted to go home, but the surgeons said I had to stay overnight in case my throat started bleeding again. I had a bad night's sleep, but felt ok until yesterday morning. A wave of nausea just suddenly hit me, & it won't go away. I've been sick countless times (I can't even keep water down) & I keep coughing up blood.

I just want to feel better. I can handle the pain in my throat, but this nausea is so bad.. I can't even keep my pain killers down long enough to work their magic Sad

Oh & by the way.. I did a pregnancy test before I went into hospital & it was negative.. although my period isn't due for another 3 days.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 29th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
oh im sorry it didnt go straight forward and you're not feeling well. maybe test in a few days, especially if you miss your period. would you want to be pregnant again?
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I'm so sorry, Neil went through the same thing (except the breathing) he had blood for quite a few days and was in alot of pain.

People who say it's doesn't really hurt or is a quick recovery obviosuly haven't been through it.

Get well soon hun!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience!! Hopefully it was all worth it though!

Are you actually throwing up? They have medication they can give you for that. Just call your doctor and tell them that because you can't eat yet, the pain meds are making you really queasy and to call something in for you. (my neurologist writes me a script every month for it, because all my meds make me sick)

Get some ice cream!! Wink
|

Extremely eHealthy
My sister had hers removed in sept and she was feeling terrible for about week. I hope you recover faster zanny.
|

Especially eHealthy
it seems like it would be excruciatingly painful to be coughing and throwing up right after having your tonsils out. i'm so sorry, zanny! are you at your parents' house? i hope you have someone taking care of you!

get well soon!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Get well soon! I hope that you will be able to heal uber fast.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Hope you start feeling better soon.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Aww Zanny, I hope you feel better soon! That sounds horrible. Maybe try sucking on little pieces of ice slowly until you can at least keep that down. I'd definitely call your doctor about the vomiting. That acid in your throat can't be good.

Get well soon, hun!
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Sad Poor Zanny! I hope you recover quickly hon!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I hope you feel better soon Zanny & that someone is there taking care of you & the little lady while you recover!
|

User Profile
Supporter
feel better soon zanny
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I hope you get to feeling better soon! I am sure it was a horrible experience!
|

Especially eHealthy
ugh my throat hurts just thinking about that! im sorry things didnt go the text book way.
|

Especially eHealthy
|