Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Can Anxiety/stress Cause Sharp Pain In the Head And Pressure (Page 1)

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I am so freaked out,I keep thinking I am going to have a brain aneurysm and am scared and waiting for it to happen, anyone else experience these feelings? I just seem to jump to the worst possible conclusion.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper beth253
|

replied November 29th, 2007
That Is What This Forum Is About
We all handle Anxiety/Stress/Depression in different ways. Be sure to ask the Professionals also...
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Well, the thing is, you know already that you probably aren't going to have a brain aneurism. However, anxiety will do that to you, make you irrationally afraid. Have you seen anyone about it? It's not fun to go through life like that.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Agree! I would see someone about it. You don't need to suffer any more then you are.
|

replied February 9th, 2009
Anxiety/brain
I keep thinking I have something wrong with my brain etc, I get a wierd brain twinge and shooting pains in different parts of my head.
My Dr says its Anxiety but I'm not so sure, my GP has never done a scan on me he says there is no need to, I don't show symtoms of anything wrong with my brain, but if you have something wrong with you brain do you have to show symtoms
|

replied May 25th, 2009
Anxiety / Sinus Infection apparently...
Hi guys well i have been having this really bad headache pain in my head on the right side top middle part of my head and also i have bad facial pressure and front forhead pressure in my face. It's like a deep dull / sharp aching feeling deep inside the top of my head. I was Told by the docotor that apparently i have a viral sinus infection so i'm told.. 3 days ago.. i have been taking reactine and motrin for pain and inflammation he said i was having and ummm along with all this i have been very dizzy / dosioriented and quit fatigued with neck pain and stiffness as well as the occassional foggy vision. i look it up online and it said possibly stroke or brain aneurysm.... im like 27 aneurysm? i dont think so.. but the anxiety makes me freak out about the pain cause of the symptoms and how close they resemble brain aneurysm symptoms. and its been like 10+ days of this. apparently you can have warning signs days before or even weeks before a brain aneurysm ruptures so thats why it bugs me even though in my mind im pressure its not that... and i prayed it wouldn't. but ya i know how you feel and trust me its most likely stress and anxiety. just pray and keep your joy hope and faith alive! Wink
|

replied April 5th, 2011
i feel the same
this is exactly how i feel. above my eyebrows its like so much pressure alomost feels like im glaring or something, i get quick sharp little pains in differnt places in my head. ive been to so many dr.s and they keep tellling me im fine. ive been having very bad anxiet and keep thinking i have a brain tumor cause all of my syptoms are the same!! and im only 18 so i really hope thats not to be the case haha!!
|

replied March 15th, 2012
I am having the same exact feelings....how do you deal with it
|

replied May 6th, 2013
I'm 16 and I also have really bad anxiety and depression problems. I keep feeling sharp pains on the right side of my head on the side. It feels like pressure too. I have sharp body pains in my hands, arms, legs, etc because of major anxiety. So, I was thinking maybe it is anxiety? I haven't gotten it checked out.
|

replied May 6th, 2013
I'm 16 and I also have really bad anxiety and depression problems. I keep feeling sharp pains on the right side of my head on the side. It feels like pressure too. I have sharp body pains in my hands, arms, legs, etc because of major anxiety. So, I was thinking maybe it is anxiety? I haven't gotten it checked out.
|

replied March 5th, 2010
andy636366 , or campday , did you find any results?

I've been having issues lately, including twitches or quick brain pains...and i dunno if its anxiety or what.

it all started after taking 6 day course of Prednisone.

but I've been fatigued and tired for 8 months as well.

I've done a few tests, but nothing like MRI or Cat scan ...yet. I won't do, I just hope I don't have a brain tumor.
|

replied March 7th, 2010
Hey buddy, I get the same feelings everywhere. It's all anxiety. It's a real pain in the butt eh?
|

replied March 14th, 2010
They are right it is all anxiety. I used to be on medication for anxiety but decided I want to deal with anxiety on my own. I get weird head twitches too. When you think about it, we all know it gets worse. So of course it is in our heads (thinking about it). I even had a CAT scan. Nothing was wrong with me. It is all anxiety. Not to mention I get pressure in my head and around my face also due to anxiety. You'll be fine; try not to worry about it because I know when I do that is when it happens.
|

replied March 25th, 2010
Hi there everyone, feel much better now, reading that and think your right its probably stress and tiredness..Well I hope it is!!!!!! I have sharp sudden pains to my head . Often top front of head. Sharp twinge/ pain but only lasts a few seconds and then goes. Happens not every day but when it does approx 5/ 10 times a day. Some days even feel like I am going to faint and go dizzy.I get head / eye twitches to which is wierd!I feel tired most of the day too but work full time have 3 kids and struggle to sleep at night. Probably have 6 hours sleep a day! Help! LOL!
|

replied April 26th, 2010
Burning sensation in scalp
I have for 6 weeks intermittently throughtout the day get a burning sensation on top right side of my head which lasts like 5 seconds. I have always been highly strung, worry constantly about health and stress out. Recently had my daughter go away to Uni, my father has dementia, I work full time and just had 2 years of menopause - I am now nearly 50. Is the scalp burning sensation serious - every time I look it up I find a serious illness. I had MRI about 6 months ago which was clear but I did not have the burning sensation at that time. I am really afraid and scared that it will never go away or that it is the start of something much more serious
|

replied April 27th, 2010
Experienced User
When I'm over lots of stress, I often get physical symptoms and think about all the things I think are or could be wrong so it's not unusual. The more medical stuff you appear on the net, the more you will think is wrong with you. I have heard about “Puhchiana” it provides Stem Cell Therapy Clinics, Stem cell hospitals in China, Stem cell treatment centers are staffed with renowned doctors and are equipped with advanced medical facilities.
|

replied May 7th, 2010
This is the most detailed as it gets..
I''ve been up at night the last week it seems and sleeping during the day because every night it seems that I get this strange feeling in the left side of my head..it''s not painful unless I think about it..its so weird and it causes me to get this sudden adrenaline rush that makes me rub the left side of my head. It seems to be progressively getting worse. I''ve been to the hospital 3 times already (it was going on a couple months ago too and lasted about a week) and they keep telling me it''s a migraine..but I''m not sensitive to light or anything, and I don''t feel like I''m gonna throw up or anything, I just feel unbalanced in a way. And it''s irritating. I''ve also had trouble swallowing lately, and it feels like the back of my throat is cold at times, and that feels like it''s connected to the strange feeling in my head as well. And one more thing- my left ear at times feels sore on the inside and around my ear when the feeling in my head starts to get worse. I do have anxiety sometimes so it could be related, but I''m thinking it''s something totally different. I''ve been stressed out a lot lately, my memory isn''t as good as it used to be, I''ve been feeling as if my brain is shrinking, I''ve lost interest in some things, I have trouble concentrating, and I''ve had thoughts that I''m going to die soon or that some kind of aneurism is on the verge of exploding because it feels as if there''s like a big empty spot in my head trying to open up wider when I concentrate on it too much...when i close my right eye and just look out of my left one, it seems to put more sensation in the part of my head that feels weird..and there''s so much more I could say about it but I can''t right now..
Anyone know what this is??
|

replied August 4th, 2012
Weird pain/pressure in head after a concussion
Wow this is really weird, but I too have very strange pressure/pain in the top of my head, starts on the left side and causes my left eye to tear and droop, and sometimes my temple hurts really bad, my left nostril gets stuffy. Last night the pressure in the top of my head was so bad I sincerely thought that my time had come; and it only happens at night. On Easter Sunday I hit my head really hard and my vision was blurry the following morning, Went to ER, they did a CT Scan, and said mild concussion. About two weeks later is when the problems with my head started and like clockwork it happens every couple of nights, and seemingly getting worse. I have been taking 325mg aspirin, just to keep the blood thin...just in case. Wish I knew what was going on, but can't find a physician to see me without cash up front (200-250 dollars) do not have medical insurance. I'll simply trust God for my life, because these days it's all about the dollar. Man (the doctors) could not care less whether it's a life-threating condition or not.
|

replied November 29th, 2010
I also get the same exact things it scares me alot, like i would be sitting in the middle of class and all of a sudden i start feeling pressure in my face or head and then this weird pain hits the back of my head and my ear for no more than a minute and i feel dizzy and my vision feels like its all weird.Im really scared and ive had anxiety for about two years now and im sorta scared i might b sick or something and my parents wont take me to the doctor because they say its anxiety for sure, i personally cannot convince myself it is anxiety.I stopped taking my medication a couple months ago and at first i was fine but now the anxiety has come back...do you think it could b a tumor or something? i also get the same sharp pain in my back...which is weird i thot it was kidney problems at first but now i get weird pain everywhere
|

replied December 18th, 2010
STRESS
Wow!!! i also have a similar experience. it all started 2 months ago, where around the time of my period, i always get this weird sensation of pressure in my head! i too, have suffered from anxiety in the past, i have visited a doctor who has assured me that it is not an aneurysm or tumor. and have also visited two hospitals who felt that it was stress. i am slightly overweight, however i have recently started a diet and exercise program, which has not alleviated the symptoms!i am beyond scared, i am a young single mother, who is a full time worker and student! this is sooooo scary! i am seeing a chiropractor in the upcoming week, and then plan to see a neurologist
|

replied December 20th, 2010
I am now having pressure in my nose and feel like i cannot breathe properly is this still from anxiety?? All this anxiety stuff is driving me crazy
|

replied February 26th, 2011
Head pains
I too have been having these head pains, for around 2 years now, I was due to have an mri scan last week but i was absolutley terrified, shaking like a leaf and in tears, going back next week, with a sedative and an eye mask, Im 27 and just dont know wot id do if i was told i had a brain tumor, or anurism, been to the doctors so much about this, the pains are extruciating and sometimes i loose hearing in my right ear, Its so worrying, I had a little boy last year and the thought of not being able to grow older cuts me deep ;(
|

*meant to say see him grow older
|

Experienced User
feel like im losing my head
im a 20 year old male i have these as well its horrible i constany worry iv neverin my life worried been active live like to the fullest but now in the last 3 weeks been a mess big time . numb head litrally shooting pains worry thinking im going crazy go in my own zones head presure bad constany worrying 24/7 its a joke now been on tabs 3 weeks done nothing paranoid its somthing serious i think it is carnt convince my self its anxiety at all carnt settle feel lost zoned out worried paranoid think my head is messed up >? lol its a joke any comments do u feel like this ne 1 ? isit anxiety or ..manythanks
|

replied March 22nd, 2011
WEIRD FEELINGS IN MY HEAD
I have severe anxiety and you know what I know exactly what you are all talking about with the head being very weird,sometimes full and with pressure,and tingles sometimes my hands and feet tingle and my balance is BAD feel like im gonna fall over sometimes and the best part is we all say you know what I would love to have my anxiety panick attacks back just to get rid of this head feeling or trust me this isnt my anxiety its some kind of weird brain disease am I right so far? lol here's the cure and I say this with lots of pride and confidence Whatever caused you to think you have an anyurism or manier's disease or maybe blowing your nose to hard because your sinus is clogged up i have the ultimate cure please get off the computer stop reading into the symptoms and all the websites that tell you call 911 or seek immediate medical help trust me get off the computer try not to think of all the stuff you may have for at least 2 days straight stay in your room watch tv or something dont do anything stressful and try not to let people stress you out and i garuntee 100 percent that everyone of you will not have this weird feelings and sensations in the head,trust me and if you do then maybe you should go to the er but honest we all suffer from this anxiety from sometimes to 24/7 all different this is the last thing you need obsessing about the rare head disease lol trust me i been through this a few times in life answer is yup that anxiety disorder and just to top it off you r stressed to the max.go rest,relax
|
12 >>