Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

First Doctors Appointment

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
It went really well Smile I love my doctor, she is so nice. I am actually due July 6th 2008 (a day out from the online calculators).
She also wrote on her notes about my sciatica and said i'd probably get moved later on in my pregnancy, but they probably won't do anything yet. yay! She also presribed me some more folic acid and some eczema cream as my backs been really itchy since becoming pregnant. she also presribed me some bath oil to use aswell, which was great.
I need to make an appointment to see the midwife in a months time if i haven't heard from then before then because that's when my first scan should be.
she didn't take my blood pressure, just sent the notes off from my last pregnancy to the hospital, so it wasn't a long visit.
on some sad news. i found out an old friend of mine died last night. they think she had a epileptic fit and drowned in the bath. they're going to find out more by tomorrow. i am just in shock. she was only 17 years old Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 27th, 2007
Experienced User
I'm glad you first appointment went well. I hope mine goes as well as yours did. Sorry to hear about your friend.
|

Especially eHealthy
Re: First Doctors Appointment
rosejackson wrote:
I am actually due July 6th 2008 (a day out from the online calculators).

that's because next year is a leap year. the internet is taking that into account, the doctors are not.

glad it went well and you like your doctor!

sorry about your friend. that's really awful.
|

Supporter
Glad your appointment went well! I always loved appointments like that when I went pregnant.

Sorry to hear about your friend, that is so sad.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I am so sorry to hear about your friend! Glad to hear your appt. went well and that you like your Dr!
|

User Profile
replied November 28th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
i'm just glad i waited long enough to get the doctor i liked. last time when i was pregnant with william i got a really nasty snooty lady who just looked down on me. it really made that appointment stressful
|