Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

Age Gaps In Relationships Again

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
So since some of you gave your thoughts on this subject, I was wondering what sort of gap you personally would be okay with and not be okay with? Like if the guy who liked you and who you liked was 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 + years older than you, at what age difference would you not be okay with, and not start a relationship with him because of it?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 27th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
My dh is just over 6 years older then me. I've dated up to 8 years older. I think anything after 10 years and I would hesitate. But, I'm sure that number will change as I get older.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I wouldn't date anyone more than 4-5 years older than me. That's just me though, I'm not comfortable around "older" men because of some things that happened when I was younger so I definitely wouldn't be with anyone over 25ish (I'm 21). I'm not saying it's wrong for anyone else to date older than that though obviously.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
The age difference between me and Nick is basically what I'm comfortable with. I also think that would change, though, as I got older.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
i guess it depends on the person, my husband is younger then me but when we originally met he lied to me about his age but 3 mths in he told me the truth and i was ok with it, hes mature and stuff, hes a good dad, im 23 and he is 20. I had a bf that was 27 when i was 19 and that wasnt to bad , but i dont think i could personally be with someone in there 30s when i am in my early 20's. but thats just my personal preferance there are 20 something yr olds going out with 40 yr olds and theyre ok with it.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I think age doesn't really matter when youre an adult it all depends on compatibility and how mature the individuals are.. If we're talking about a teen with a guy in his 20's I totally disagree.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I am 23, robbie will be 38 next week. There is a 15 year age gap.
|

Extremely eHealthy
My husband is 5 years older than me. I don't think I would feel comfortable with someone much older than that.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Aaron and I are two years apart.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I'm 26 and Ryan is 30. But I've dated with as much as a 10 year gap. It all depends on the individuals!
|

Especially eHealthy
im 25, Rob just turned 29.. i've never dated a guy my age.. they've always been a couple or more years older. I dated a guy that was 22 when i was 15.. he thought i was 18, and i didnt tell him otherwise lol. He was fun. He didnt drink or smoke.. we went to the movies, theme pars, dinner. It was more like hanging out with an older brother lol but yeah..

I cant say what age difference should be.. if its love, its love.. no matter what age.

EXCEPT

if its like, *hai, im 14 and my boifrynd is 28 and we have secks and i wunt him to get me preganante i wunt his baybee i wunt to marrie himm!!1!11!* then no.. get a life.
|

User Profile
Supporter
Emma2 wrote:
I think age doesn't really matter when youre an adult it all depends on compatibility and how mature the individuals are.. If we're talking about a teen with a guy in his 20's I totally disagree.

agreed!

I'm 5 months older than Brian 2thumbs
|

Extremely eHealthy
brian is 5 and a half years. I wouldnt be comfortable with any older then that just because of us and having children.
but i never judge on age.. i say as long as your happy
|

User Profile
replied November 28th, 2007
Supporter
theres only 8 months between me and dom. Right now because of my age i'd say 5 years max, but when i'm older, like 19/20 perhaps 10 years
|

User Profile
replied November 28th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I started dating my husband the month I turned 16. He was 22. Here we are almost 6 years later...happy as can be. It depends alot on maturity of both people.

*I think I was a *special* 16 y/o. And don't think that every teenage girl should go out and start seeing a 20something just because it worked out for me.

**I would also like to add....we waited a long time to sleep together. I think that aided in our success.
|
Quick Reply