I am 5 foot 2 and almost 14 years of age. Is this normal? I was reading that You need calcium to reach maximum bone mass and i never drink milk because i use to think it was nasty. is there any way to get any taller before i stop growing? I don't wan't to be short because I work out and It's kinda wierd seeing a short muscular kid.
I stopped growing at 14, I was 5'10 though, but still shows how it can occur. Much of it probably contributed to my semi-vegetarian diet, poor sleep, poor eating habits, yadda yadda. If you aren't going to drink milk, find other means of obtaining calcium. Some orange juice, etc are calcium fortified and whatnot. Don't do too much heavy lifting though, you aren't at the appropriate age for that. Calistenics, machines, light dumb bells are fine, but I wouldn't suggest doing power cleans, deadlifts, etc.
So you think milk is nasty, no pain, no gain =) Suck it up lil bro, and chug.
1. Calcium is important, drink it! If you don't like milk, try yogurt, I know someone whose parents were short (both under 5 foot 9) but ate a lot of yogurt and grew to be about 6 foot 2.
2. Just eat a lot in general-Ur body needs food at ur age
3. Exercise-Exercise stimulates the release of natural growth hormones
4. Sleep-7-9 hours a day is recommended by doctors
5. Avoid heavy lifting-Although it does stimulate growth hormones, it can also destroy ur growth plates if too great a strain is placed on ur joints or if u lift with bad form
my advise to you is go and buy yourself a basketball and play basketball every day or as much as possible. my cousin was shorter than me we have the same age, when we were 14, his doctor advised this and he is 6'4" and I am 5'10" I did played basketball but not often he played everyday of his life until he ended college.