Medical Questions > Cancer > Leukemia Forum

Leukemia? nose bleeds, cold symptoms, tired

Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...
Hi Im a 16 year old female. For over three weeks now I have been feeling very tired and overall I dont feel like myself. I also have been having nose bleeds. When my nose bleeds it doesnt drip or flow out like a normal nose bleed but when I blow my nose I have big clumps of blood and some is dried up. I also have had a cold for three weeks which has been causing a headache, cough with chest pain and runny nose. My glands hurt and I think they are a little swollen. I got a bruise on my foot about two months ago that took over a month to go away. when I got it it appeared as a big purple and blue square around my foot. I also have noticed a coupld red spots on my chest and my feet having been hurts along with my neck. I went to the doctors for the nose bleeds and cold and was just told it was a cold and was told to take claretin and nose drops. It cleared up the cold and the nose bleeds and I finished that medicine about three days ago and both has now come back and I feel the nose bleeds are worse. What should I do? Is there a chance I have leukemia or am i just worring myself? should I go to the doctors again and what should I ask him to do next?!?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 27th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
You can ask for a regular blood check up.
Bruises, normally, fade away in two weeks.
Do you know the reason for that bruise or it seems to develop for no known reasons?
Are you bruising very often?
Do you complain of headaches with facial pain and pain or pressure felt around or behind eyes?
|

replied November 27th, 2007
Whats Wrong With Me
I got the bruise in soccer. One of my team mates stepped on my foot and I thought my toe was broken because my foot was swollen and my toe was blue and purple all around it. The next day my side of foot was bruised and hurt really bad. Finally toe weeks later the bruise around my toe faded but I developed a square on my foot that was all black and blue and took over a month to go away. I was really wierd. But anyways I keep getting this wierd sensation on the back left side of my head that last for about 10 seconds or so. I also have had some sinus pressure around my eyes but now it feels a little better. I feel better on some days and worse on others. But I am having blooded noses that when I blow my nose from this cold I get clumps of blood and some dried up blood. What to I tell the doctors? I want a blood test?
|

User Profile
replied December 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Do you have previous history of sinusitis?
Have you been prescribed oral antibiotics with claretin ?
Can you give more information about the red spots on your chests, how it look and when did occur?

Regular blood test can show if your white blood cells are elevated as in local infection (sinusitis) or much more like in leukemia and also if you have anemia and decresed count of platelets.
|

replied December 3rd, 2007
I just went back to the doctors and I was prescribed antibiodics because the cold has been going on for more than two weeks. The red spots look like little red scabs. they are very small and there is only like two on my chest and a couple more around my waste area. I also had a few night sweats a couple days ago. I told the doctor and he said that if they presist he wants to do a x ray of my chest and blood work. So i guess I have to just wait and see what happens.
|

User Profile
replied December 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I guess your doctor is suspecting you may have developed pneumonia due to night sweats and wants to do chest x-ray.
Do you still have headaches and muscle pains?
Are you experiencing chills and fever?
Personally, I don't think you have leukemia.
Your nosebleeds (more precisely dried nose secret with blood) probably, are due to sinusitis and nose inflammation.
Try to spray saline in the nose up to three times per day to avoid dry nasal mucosa and try to blow your nose more gently (causes damage of small blood vessels in mucosa lining and bleeding)

I hope you'll have your true answers when you get the blood check up and chest x-ray.

Best wishes!
Marija
|

replied March 5th, 2009
nosebleeds & night sweats
I am 42 years old and have been having nosebleeds for about two weeks. Sometimes they just start on their own, i.e. not from blowing my nose. I have also had drenching night sweats so bad that everything is soaked. I wake up feeling dehydrated (obviously) and just void of energy. Any ideas as to what this is??
|

User Profile
replied October 7th, 2009
i have been having nosebleeds for around two months, and night sweats for almost a year, I have had chronic sinus infections since i was a child. I had a pancreatic tumour removed when I was 19 and my spleen was also removed at the time due to damage. My blood work is always a little off, high white cell, low platelettes, which ive been told can be due to my spleenectomy???
My body always seems to ache, im tired, depression has been "diagnosed" and I am currently on medication for it. I recently lost a little girl to a genetic heart condition, so as you can see there are complex medical issues involved. . But I am wondering about Leukemia?
What kind of tests are performed to investigate?
|

replied February 8th, 2011
when i sneeze,my eye hurts, and nose bleeds
when i previously sneezed, I have had some sinus pressure around my eye and nose bleed. any idea to what i might have symtoms for
|

replied September 20th, 2011
i've had a sinus infection since april of this year. along with flu like symptoms and very bad stomach pains. also i've been having blood (not every time) in my stool. i've went to several different doctors and they all say the same things...everything comes back normal. so they give me more medicine. up on all that, i'm always tired, always having nose bleeds, drainage in my throat and nose, sever headaches/stomach pains...does anyone have any idea what this could be!? i feel so helpless because no one over the past year has been able to give me a direct answer as to what is wrong with me!
|

replied October 11th, 2011
Go see a ear nose and throat doctor all ur sounds like its right up there alley n ur stomach pains and bloody could be ur dehydtated and ur poop is hard therefore tearing up ur anus is it bright red blood or is ur stools black
|

replied January 24th, 2012
Leukemiae
Hi,
I'm 17 and have constant fatigue. Usual chest pain, nose bleeds, and cough a lot. I frequently see small red spots/bumps on my chest. I get pneumonia a lot, I've had it about 15 times in my life( being hospitalized for it often). So I know how it feels, and it's not that. My tmj is sore more than not, and my feet are always sore, as is my back. I constantly think of leukemia.
How would I know? Does it sound like it?
|