Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

Abortion & Steralisation (Page 1)

Okay, first off I want to say I dont believe in steralisation.

As a means of keeping abortion legal yet also keeping it rare, should part of the conditions of having an abortion be that the woman and father (if he has played a part in the choice) be steralised.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 26th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
What exactly do you mean by "if he played a part in the choice" he had sex didn't he? Of course he played a part.

Why don't you believe in sterilization? I don't think you can force sterilization on people regardless of their choices. It goes back to the "choice" thing that i think is so important. I don't think people should have to pay for the procedure, though. think of how many abortions that could be prevented if this procedure were allowed at no cost? Or free birth control for that matter?

So my answer is no. People shouldn't be punished for accidentally becoming pregnant.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
You don't "believe" in sterilization, but you would advocate for it?

This approach is primarily focused on a condition of "punishment" for women. It has nothing to do with the sanctity of life. It has nothing to do with helping women, changing society's views, or helping children. It's even discriminatory towards the female gender.

You don't seem to understand why women get abortions. I would suggest that you do some research into this before advocating a punishment condition. And yes, forced surgery is punishment.

Where are the true prolife advocates on this? Meblonde, nightangel?
|

Extremely eHealthy
Yes, they should be sterilized. That way they can have consequence-free sex with as many different people as many times as they want.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah baby, yeah!
|

Extremely eHealthy
lol! Consequence-free sex is the ultimate enemy. Abortion is just an enabler.
|

Especially eHealthy
Re: Abortion & Steralisation
Gu£st wrote:

As a means of keeping abortion legal yet also keeping it rare, should part of the conditions of having an abortion be that the woman and father (if he has played a part in the choice) be steralised.

I like how it's a "woman" and father. How about woman and man? Or mother and father? Why is she "just a woman"?

I know, asinine detail. But NO. No one should ever be punished for an accidental pregnancy that occurs between two consenting adults. Rapists on the other hand...
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
First forced gestation now forced sterilization?? I would question your state of sobriety on this one.. wow.. forced sterilization as a punishment for abortion.. baffle
So you want to take away the choice to gestate in the future. So basically because I had an abortion you want to make sure my youngest daughter was never concieved in the first place?
What about women who have had sterlization surgery and get pregnant anyway? Do you want to force them to have another surgery or just remove their uteruses so they don't 'misuse' them in the future..
|

User Profile
replied November 27th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Abortion & Steralisation
Gu£st wrote:

If you punish abortion, isn't that making it illegal??

That's silly.
|

Especially eHealthy
Pff, I'm done with Guest for now. He believes that consential sex between two loving adults is a mistake, especially if they get pregnant! They got pregnant on purpose didn't you know? Just the SEX was a mistake, the pregnancy isn't!!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
I feel badly for Catholic people. I mean the people that actually believe everything the church tells them, like guest. What a horrible way to go through life.

Humans aren't the only species that have sex purely for pleasure. Many other species of animals have sex purely for pleasure. They have sex when the female is not in heat as well as when she is, for example.

Sex is important for the bonding process, for keeping couples together which is obviously advantageous to their children. Also, there are health benefits to sex, like as a stress reliever, for one.
|

User Profile
replied December 1st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I am still waiting for guest's reply...
|

replied December 1st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I have a feeling hell will freeze over first, lol!

JUST KIDDING!!!!! Smile
|

replied December 2nd, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
There are childfree women who will fight their very hardest to get a doctor to sterilize them, backing up their wishes with thorough research, and most of them get laughed right out of the office because 'they'll change their minds' and become baby-rabid (since, you know, doctors know their patients better than the patients know themselves).

I would bet that, if sterilization became a mandatory follow-up to an abortion, unaltered childfree women would get pregnant left and right just to abort and get that tubal/Essure. I would contemplate intentionally getting pregnant just for the sterilization at my age if this was reality. And if BF got snipped too, that just means we'd be able to toss condoms to the wind - no complaints about that. Smile
|

replied December 2nd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
To be consistent, anyone who had an accidental pregnancy, whether they carried to term or not, could be sterilised. Men especially -- one accidental kid, and that's it, you're done. A little more chlorine in the gene pool, please.
|

replied December 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Sterilisation should only be chosen when people are sure it is right for them - forced sterilisation is a stupid idea, Nazi Germany anyone???!
|

replied December 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
poopoopoo wrote:
To be consistent, anyone who had an accidental pregnancy, whether they carried to term or not, could be sterilised. Men especially -- one accidental kid, and that's it, you're done. A little more chlorine in the gene pool, please.

How about any men behind in their child support payments?
|

replied December 4th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
What I can never understand is how any woman would be stupid enough to reproduce with someone who already has a kid he's not interested in and not paying the rent for.
|

replied December 6th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Good question.
|

User Profile
replied December 6th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I would not support a policy that sterilized men or women against their will. I think it's disgusting and morally reprehensible.
|
12 >>
Quick Reply