Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Cramping At 3 Months of Pregnancy Is It Normal?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
im scared its my 1st pregnancy and im 3 months and im experiencing cramps i want to know if its normal?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Emma2
|

replied November 26th, 2007
Experienced User
Cramping throughout your entire pregnancy is normal. You will stretch and pull and this will cause cramping.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
cramping or discomfort? you are still early in your pregnancy
|

User Profile
Supporter
i had this as well, my doctor says its normal with the growing uterus, muscles and ligaments stretching, but if its really bad or there is bleeding do go get it looked at right away!!!
|

Especially eHealthy
its most likely ligament streatching which can feel like cramps
however if you start to bleed please go to the ER asap!
|

Extremely eHealthy
I had cramping up until about 23 weeks or so. My doc said it was very normal. But not intense cramping. And make sure there's no vaginal bleeding...if so got to the emergency department!
|

replied November 27th, 2007
Experienced User
There is no need to tell people to jump to ER at every little thing. Cramps are normal and she is not bleeding so there is no need to clog up the hospitals for unecessary visits.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
They aren't telling her to go to the ER just because of cramps. They only let her know that if she ends up bleeding she should go, which is good solid advice.
|

Experienced User
opps..
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
i had some cramping at that point too. Still do every so often. My belly is growing like crazy, so I figure it's just the growing muscles.

As long as you aren't in excruciating pain, or bleeding it's normal. Smile I found that a warm bath (not hot) or just plain laying down helps.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Would using a heating pad be good advice for that, or would that much direct heat to the belly be bad for the baby?
|

Experienced User
Heating pads are fine. I wouldn;t use one for a very long period of time but it's ok it isn't hotter than a hot bath .
|

Extremely eHealthy
I've heard heating pads are only okay when used on the back during pregnancy not the belly. But I could be wrong.
|

Extremely eHealthy
You might be right!
|