Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

Bump On Top of Foot - metatarsal-cuneiform joint exostosis?

Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....
Hello! I have two questions relating to my right foot. I am female, 42 yrs old, average height and weight. I have a hard bump (bone like) on the top of my right foot that causes pain when my shoes are on. (I have to loosen my laces). Could this be: metatarsal-cuneiform joint exostosis?

Second question: I have had surgery on my right ankle as a result of three fractures - 1998. They put in two plates, 3 screws on inner side of ankle and at least 6 screws on the outer ankle. The screws on the outside have been pushing out for the past few years. I can actually see and feel the outline of the end of the screws through my skin. This causes pain whenever I bump it onto something. I do a lot of walking and of course this become painful too. Is surgery recommended to remove the screws? What would be my recovery time? Do I need the plates removed or can they stay in there? Thank you for any advice that you are able to provide!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 3rd, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
hi naturelover the bump on your foot could be metatarsal-cuneiform joint exostosis depending on where the bump actually is, the talonavicular joint is pretty close by and this joint is also prone to exostosis.

Wow you have a lot of metal in your foot do you know what kind of fractures you had you need to see a doc about this usually the recovery of hardware is pretty simple and recovery is fast i think you should see a good doctor.
|
Did you find this post helpful?