Medical Questions > Cancer > Breast Cancer Forum

bitter taste, change in appetite

Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
prior to being diagnosed with breast cancer in may 2007, my appetite changed drastically, i only wanted to eat sweet things, as a very bitter taste in my mouth was present all of a sudden. at that time i lost about 15 pounds. about 3 - 4 days ago, these strange occurences started again??? is there anything that might cause this bitter taste to be associated with a change somewhere in my body. :confused
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper marialena
|

User Profile
replied November 27th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
What kind of treatment you had for the cancer?
Did you get radiotherapy or chemotherapy like treatment options?
|

replied November 27th, 2007
i had genetic testing, which put me low on the recurrance of cancer of the breast so it was decided not to have chemo, but to had radiation, (38 treatments) and then to take femara for two years.
|

User Profile
replied December 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
When was the radiation treatment completed?
Do you have the bitter taste, only, after eating foods?
Radiotherapy, chemotherapy and cancer itself can cause changes in sense of taste.
|