Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

Hands Turn Blue

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
hands turn blue. Why?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile MandMs
|

User Profile
replied November 27th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Did that happen when your hands were exposed to cold weather or cold water?
Are you a smoker?
Do you feel pain?
Did the palm of your hands or just the fingers turn in blue?
|

replied January 17th, 2009
my hands turn blue too
My hands turn a blueish color when they are very cold. Yes, I have felt pain when they get that cold. Yes, I am a smoker. My hands are generally very cold at all times and are often a redish color. Do you know why?
|

replied March 10th, 2009
Hands turn blue
It sounds like it could be a Reynold's Phenomenon. I suggest you seek help from a medical professional because this can get worse if left untreated.

It either has something to do with the nerves in your hands, the connective tissue, your lungs, or low oxygen saturation. Seek help.

In the mean-time, you can reduce the pain + duration of an attack by putting on gloves/mittens and massaging the hand(s)

Try to stay away from sudden temperature changes. Also try to stay away from stressful situations. Good luck!
|

replied March 3rd, 2010
when hands and feet turn blue
My hands turn blue along with my finger nails and sometimes my toe nails and feet, i am pregnant and have asked my doctor about it and all she said was to monitor it. When it happens my hands are not cold, sometimes they are really warm..can you help me out with what this might be?
|

replied December 28th, 2010
hands color turning problem.
Hi
Normally my hand is reddish but from once month they turn yellow as the blood freezing for 3 or 4 time in day. And my hand turns blue when I wash hand and they still blue for some time. I want to ask what the reason of turn hand blue, yellow and freezing, have they any side affect and how we can avoid this problem
|

replied June 18th, 2012
Hands turn blue
hi, two days ago my right hand turned blue and there was no pain, no numbness, or any othere side effect. i am not a smoker, and it was not cold outside. i was wondering if somebody could tell me whats wrong. thank you
|
Quick Reply