Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

How Long?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
For those of you who had csections , how long did it take for you to be back to normal with no pain? How long did it take you to be able to stand up straight without feeling like you were gonna pull apart you incision? I'm ready to feel like me again! My incision is still very tender and slightly swollen. It's not red or infected just healing......SLOWLY! Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 24th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Mine didn't take long at all. I don't know how they closed you up, but mine didn't hurt too much at all, really. They gave me Percocet for the pain, and I never even finished the bottle because it stopped hurting shortly after getting home.
|

Extremely eHealthy
well I had staples for the Thursday night till sunday morning. Then they took them out and put on steri strips that I can remove any where between this monday and thursday. They gave me hydrocodone....20 pills and I ran out yesterday morning. So Now I'm just taking ibeproufen (sp) 800mg every 8 hours.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I had the staples & then the steri strips just like you, I think it was a good 2 weeks or better before I was able to move around like normal again. I really overdid it at the very beginning though so I was in a lot of pain, I had to sleep sitting up & everything because I couldn't lay down. I'm trying to think what drugs they had me on, I think it was Oxycodone. Try not to overdo it & you should be able to move around like normal soon & not feel like your stomach is going to split open!
|

i had stitches in mine and they just disolved but i am with hopefulmjz, mine didnt hurt for too long and was back doing normal things before too long! i wasnt on anything very strong after the first few days either.
hope it starts feeling better soon!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Maybe the difference was that yours was on an emergency basis. With my first one it took forever before I felt like myself again (that was an emergency c-section). I had the disposable stiches. With my son I felt good after about a week (planned). With this one I had staples that were removed after 6 days and replaced with steri strips. I was told to take Motrin every 4-6 hours and it seemed to help a lot. I never finished my Percocets either.

Take it easy if you can
|

oh yeh mine was an emergency too... i thinkit just varies person to person..
goodluck
|

oh yeh mine was an emergency too... i thinkit just varies person to person..
goodluck
|

Extremely eHealthy
oh yeah and have a small pillow handy for in case you have to sneeze or laugh. Press it against your belly, it makes a big difference.
|