Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

Mountain Dew Withdrawal

Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....
User Profile
I recently stopped drinking Mountain Dew & well.. Soda altogether. Today is Day #3 & I've done real good besides today at Wendy's having a Diet Coke with my cheeseburger.

Right now I have such a bad headache that I could just sit here & cry. I'm freezing & extremely shakey.

Anyone else gone through this or have any words of wisdom to share?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 23rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I stopped drinking soft drinks when I was 13. I've been drinking water ever since. I would have an occasional diet coke, but that's it. You'll feel so much better and you'll lose some weight too! Keep it up. You'll get through this.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Thank you Smile
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
yeah i had really really bad headaches. Almost migranes. They do go away, but it takes a couple weeks. Or it did for me. But i say it's normal. Soda addiction is like any other. Maybe not has bad as drugs or whatever. lol maybe i don't know what i'm talking about. I hope it gets better for you soon!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
lol Holly. Thank you! I've never had a migraine but I can honestly say this is the worst headache I've ever had. I took 2 Exedrin Tension Headaches earlier because that was what I thought was wrong but they did absolutely NOTHING Sad
|

replied November 24th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Mountain Dew is full of caffine and that is why it can be so addicting. You body is missing all that caffine nw and your coming down off the caffine high. Caffine is also used to treat migrain headaches. If you are a coffee drinker, I would start of with a couple cups of coffee a day and then try and taper dow then to a de-caffinated drink. Ask your doctor as ther may be something out there that can help you through this.

Carrie
|

replied November 24th, 2007
OctoberBaby06 wrote:
lol Holly. Thank you! I've never had a migraine but I can honestly say this is the worst headache I've ever had. I took 2 Exedrin Tension Headaches earlier because that was what I thought was wrong but they did absolutely NOTHING Sad

be careful...exedrin has caffeine in it..
|

replied May 6th, 2010
ive been wondering why i get headaches so much around the end of the school day! i start my day off with a glass of mt dew, and then by the last bell my head is screaming. i go home and have another glass and it goes away in like 30 mins. Thank You so much!!
|

replied September 2nd, 2011
Anxiety/ withdrawal from mt dew
Here I am on anxiety meds because of mt dew. I quit drinking mt dew altogether and went to
Energy drinks, what a wrong move. I've been drinking mt dew since I quit alcohol
What a bonehead, wish I woulda known but it was affecting my job and I had to go on Ativan
Now off Ativan and on klonopin to taper. This sucks in recovery.
Zoloft for depression . Don't do the dew or the energy drinks, If you have addiction issues.
|