Medical Questions > Parenting > Grade School Kids Health Forum

Boys masturbating (Page 1)

Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....
My eight year old son continuously masturbates....i am concerned is this normal....I am a single parent and any information would be greatly appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile designlady
|

replied November 23rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
its normal
hes discovering his body

how do you know hes masturbateing? :s
|

replied November 23rd, 2007
Experienced User
yeah how do you know he masturates?
|

User Profile
replied December 10th, 2007
Its normal for an eight year old boy, acually from what we learned in my college psych class, most boys start at age four. You said he does it all the time, If he begains to do it enough to hurt himself (make himself raw/bleed etc). Than you might have a problem, but that is promarally associated with children who were sexually assulted and are suffering severe mental destress. Your son sounds like he is doing something completely natural for his age though so you have no need to worry. I hope this helped
|

replied January 12th, 2008
I Did It When I Was Eight
Part of being a boy but understand your question and concern.
|

replied March 16th, 2008
Help please
Umm.. this might not involve masturbation but I'm worried.. I'm 13 and have not well.. been sexually active, I'm male and i masturbate regularly. I'm worried because at the base of my penis there's this weird bumps that go up the shaft a bit, I'm worried and no sure what's wrong. They do not itch, or hurt. I'm not sure if either of my parents have an STD.. I'm afraid to ask i need help please!!
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied April 24th, 2011
Don't b worried
The bumps are hairs... They will start to grow on ur penis... They will start itching but then go away later...
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.

replied December 9th, 2011
Hi whats your e-mail?
|

replied December 14th, 2011
#creeper
|

replied June 1st, 2011
That's just hair growing in at the base of your penis it's normal
|

replied December 14th, 2011
young boy masturbating
Don't be afraid to see your doctor and be open and honest
|

User Profile
replied May 18th, 2008
Experienced User
Re: Help please
BlackMyHeart wrote:
Umm.. this might not involve masturbation but I'm worried.. I'm 13 and have not well.. been sexually active, I'm male and i masturbate regularly. I'm worried because at the base of my penis there's this weird bumps that go up the shaft a bit, I'm worried and no sure what's wrong. They do not itch, or hurt. I'm not sure if either of my parents have an STD.. I'm afraid to ask i need help please!!

As a mother, I'd say go to the doctor & get checked out. You might be able to open up to a parent about your concern... if not, it may work to say it's a private matter. You may be able to get another trusted adult to take you if you don't want mom or dad to know. I know these things can be pretty embarrassing... especially at your age. I'm not sure what it might be. Anyway, that's best left to a physician. Be prepared, though, he may come right out and ask if you've had sex yet.

Also, I'm very glad to hear you've not been sexually active. I know you're old enough to do it physically, but 13 is just not old enough to handle the emotions and responsibility that go along with being sexually active. Please wait for at least 5 more years when you have some time to mature. It would even be better if you can wait until marriage... Wink
|

replied December 22nd, 2008
penis bumps
I started masturbating when I was eleven, and I did it 2-3 times a day. I'm now 18 and I've also got some tiny bumps on the head of my penis. The doctor said they were normal, and are called penile papules. They are sometimes seen with boys who masturbate a lot and are tiny bunches of blood vessels grouped together because the penis is excioted so often. Don't worry about them. Just maturbate and be happy. It's healthy for the penis to exercise it if you're not active, and keeps it in shape.
|

replied December 15th, 2011
of course do it as often as you like, just stop when it hurts. my doctor about erectile dysfunction and said: use it or lose it. so i still do it once a day
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied May 31st, 2009
Real Advice from an Experienced Dad
I'm a dad as well and I have 3 boys all of which went through masturbation states where they became very active with their sexual desires and masturbation. It is NORMAL for boys to masturbate or play with their body in sexual way. There is nothing wrong with your boy nor is there any reason at all that you should do anything or really say anything about it to him.

I would suggest you provide your son with a private room with a lock on the door where he can enjoy himself in privacy without you bothering him. Allow him to fully explore his sexuality and enjoy his own body in any way he feels necessary and as a dad, just stay out of it. He will be fine as long as you don't cause a problem.

With all my sons, I was fully aware that they masturbated but I sure as hell didn't try to talk to them about it. Just let your boy's be boys and STAY OUT OF IT. Let them enjoy their masturbation stage and they will grow out of it and into adulthood as strong healthy men.
|

replied June 9th, 2009
im 13 and i masturbate 2-3 times a day
|

replied June 26th, 2009
im 15. i masturbate occasionally and came across this post by mistake. intrestingly enough i was always scared to do it cuz i thought it was bad. thnx to all i feel just a tad better about it. i juts wont do it 5 times a day. once a day is all i need. or even 1 obce evry couple days...........now i feel weird......
|

replied July 18th, 2009
My 10 year old mentally challenged boy masturbates. He functions at the level of a 3 year old and I'm sure he doesn't really understand what he's doing. Since he's still in diapers, there isn't any opportunity for him to use his hands. I'm not even sure how much satisfaction he gets. I do know that it is persistent and seems to happen when I put him to bed or when he wakes up in the morning. He does it by rubbing himself into his crib mattress. His sisters and babysitters have all seen him doing it It's almost as if it is an automatic habit. We don't try to intervene. We rarely have pants over his diaper but even when we use plastic pants he still masturbates the same way. I don't know if he ejaculates because his diaper is full of pee when we change him the next morning and I'm guessing even if he were to ejaculate his diaper would absorb the mess.
|

replied June 21st, 2011
yeah well, i'm currently babysitting for a 7 year old with autism, and he's been constantly taking off his clothes and touching himself. it's a problem that i'm relunctant to talk to his mother about because i'm it's so awkward to be like uhh he's jacking off every five minutes, what do i do? but that's basically the problem here. i know it's normal and everything, but this isn't like 2-3 times a day, it's like everytime i take my eyes off him, he's taking his clothes off and making pretty expressive noises, and because he can't talk and is extremely limited in the communication department, i don't really know what to do but to speak to him in a firm voice and make him get dressed again. i've been trying to make him understand that masturbation is not something you do in front of or around other's- that if he's gotta do it, that he needs to go to the bathroom and keep it private, but my telling him doesnt do any good. i have no idea what to do, and even if i do ask his mom what to do, i'm not so sure even she'll know....help please!
|

replied September 16th, 2012
Perhaps it would be easier if you wrote down whats going on with the boy to let the parent(s) know. This also allows you to express your thoughts and feelings to them without interruptions. If you are physically able to move him, try placing him in his bedroom or bathroom when he starts to undress. Maybe after a while he will figure out that this is expected of him. Hope this helps.
|

replied July 19th, 2009
I should probably add that I use disposable diapers on David. We went through a problem where either he was pulling on his tapes or his tapes were coming undone. I switched brands (to tranquility) and that brand is not only more absorbent but it is much harder for him to get his tapes off. I keep alot of diapers in his nursery, so I still had plenty of the Walmart brand - I just simply used diaper pins and ever since, his diaper has stayed on.
|

replied July 22nd, 2009
Boys and Masturbation
Boys begin to touch themselves at a very early age. At about 9 or 10 they learn to do it with a purpose ie cause and effect. It is very normal. I started masturbating at age 7 and was able to produce sperm just before my 12th birthday. When my grandson was 9 I caught him doing the deed. I told him it was normal and not to be ashamed and to keep it private. He is 12 now and takes very long showers. Wink
|

replied August 7th, 2009
oh ur not gona beleive it my four years old son masturbat too. i think it is masturbating cuz he rabes his penis in the hard flour or in his mattress. i hate him when he do this . i think my six years old girl dose it too . she dose the same .when ever i catch them they hide and i tolled them not to do it again but they do it any way. at first i take then to the docter and i tried to make the docter understand but they dont cuz of my accent so they said it might be urinery track infection and they gave them antybiotic . and then my mom toled me to do the circum cetion on my son that well help and i took him to the docter they perfurm circum cetion on him it dosent work . iam so worried for him . he is so skiney . i mean both of them my doughter and my son . i dont know what to do. plz help me it is so discusting to see kids do this.
|

replied March 26th, 2011
Actually, kids masturbating is normal. They need to explore their genitals before being released into the big wide world. Don't worry if they masturbate, it helps them learn and gives them self-pleasure.
|

User Profile
replied August 19th, 2009
yea its normall!!!!!!!!!
|

User Profile
replied August 19th, 2009
Supporter
kafkafka, Let them be and stop worrying. As you have read through the other posts..Masturbation is normal at any age. By telling them to stop, you are making them feel dirty about their own bodies. If they are too skinny then maybe they should be fed more or it's just that they are thin children..Find some healthy foods that they enjoy too. If you catch them masterbating, leave the room and give them their privacy. It's ok to tell them to do that in privacy if they are doing it in front of you, but don't make them feel it is wrong. I don't understand why people read through an entire forum and then ask the same question that has already been answered. It's normal!! Give them their privacy!
|

replied September 14th, 2009
a great conclusion that masturbation is good enough,
nothing to worry . it is a naturl desire
|

replied November 3rd, 2009
hey kafka you say its discusting, what, you never did the deed?????????? Maybe you should give them the privacy they DESERVE. is it more discusting than having intercourse its a little bit neater wouldn't you agree.?.
|

replied October 10th, 2011
Masturbation
Jono

I'm 13 and I still haven't masturbated is this normal?
|

Masturbation
Jono

I'm 13 and I still haven't masturbated is this normal?
|

Community Volunteer (online)
There is no normal or abnormal. Some teens and adults does not need to masturbate. Please do not think you have to do it.
|
Users who thank kristigraham for this post: Jonomaster 
Quick Reply