Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Possible HIV infection or hypochondriac ?

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
User Profile
So, I'm a super hypochondiac, I even make up stories in my head about things that could have happened to me, but, I had sex about 3 weeks ago, protected, condom didnt break, but I stopped early and put my pants on, with the condom on, and then had sex again.....and put my pants on with teh condom on, I never ejaculated, and I never lost the erection, but is it possible when I took the condom off, that some of the vaginal fluids that got on my boxers from the condom in turn got onto my penis/into my urethra, and infected me if said person had HIV, it was a one night stand, this may sound silly, but please dont discard it, I am petrified, I'm shaking as I write this

p.s. are there any medicines available for being a hypochondriac, just to relax me

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 10th, 2007
HIV and AIDS Answer A3436
HIV can’t break through intact skin or mucosa. The virus can pass only through damaged skin or mucosa. Very small lesions are large enough to provide an opening for HIV-transmission. Minor lesions can be created during sex and such lesions represent open doors for the HIV virus and other sexually transmitted diseases. Condoms can prevent the virus from reaching those open doors, but not perfectly. Transmission of HIV from sperm or vaginal fluid to the receiving body via the skin or mucosal lesions should be very fast because HIV is very sensitive (weak) outside the body. The fastest transmission is a direct one that happens during unprotected sex.

In your case, it seems that direct transmission was prevented thanks to the condom you used. Indirect transmission could have been possible when and if your penis touched a clthing item made wet with vaginal fluids from the condom’s outer side. This possibility, however, is almost impossible. Nonetheless, you can ease your mind by taking an HIV test that can confirm or deny the presence of HIV antibodies in the blood.

Hypochondria is a kind of neurotic disorder wherein a person wrongly interprets the inner body sensations as a symptoms of a disease. It can be treated with psycho-therapy.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.