Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > First Trimester of Pregnancy Forum

Bloating at only 6 weeks pregnant? Feel bloated (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
so i found out i am pregnant, six weeks is what we are thinking until i get my first checkup, than he'll tell me for sure, but i have been SOOO BLOATED! I can hardley do my button on my pants half the time, i havent gained 1 pound at all, i am just bloated i guess. after i eat is when it is really bad, and my stomach swells and i look 5 months pregnant? i know bloating is normal, but this much?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Lisamarie84
|

replied November 22nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
yep lol
its very normal unfortunately Sad
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
yeah its very normal. im having the same problem
|

User Profile
Experienced User
YES its very normal i have the same problem
|

replied November 23rd, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I have the same problem and I am 6 weeks, 2 Days
|

Experienced User
I have the same prob. I look terrible. I know that i can't be showing already but like you said I look 5 months preg. and hardly any of my winter clothes fit Crying or Very sad I am only 9 weeks.
|

Especially eHealthy
lol im 37 weeks today and i MISS being bloated
i look like i swallowed a basketball right now Sad
|

replied January 17th, 2013
Im 5 weeks and 1 day and bottom of my stomach feels very heavy like my ministration is coming down is that normal
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Yea when I went to the dr and my mom went she said that she could not beleave how big i looked, and I was only 9 weeks I thought thanks MOM Shocked But I was like no I am just this bloated and trust me I hate it. Its worse some days than others.
|

replied December 10th, 2008
HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AND I AM 6 WEEKS AND 6 DAYS I LOOK LIKE I AM 6 MONTHS
|

replied January 23rd, 2009
Bloated one day, better the next, worst at night
I am 6 weeks, some days I feel huge, other days I feel normal, I think its basically fluid retention and bowels, one min I am fine, next bloated. I am slimmer in the morning and have to undo my skirt by the evening.
|

User Profile
replied February 28th, 2009
Supporter
im stil waitin to find out if im prego, but i got nasal congestion, and extreme bloatin just like u described, i feel a few months prego and then the next mornin to kinda goes down then at night im big again, i rest my arms on my tummy its so big!one and off all the time but the lower part stays bit bloated most of the time.
im wonderin what it could be too
i guess we'll hav to see
keep me updated
|

replied March 3rd, 2009
I have the same problem. How do we avoid this?
|

replied March 3rd, 2009
I've tried eating little to see if it helps, but it doesn't.
|

replied April 21st, 2009
bloating blaaaah!
I think we are all going to have to face it, were are bpregnant and bloated, yah. I am 6 weeks pregnant and going through the same thing but i hear that it gets better in the second trimester. The good thing is we are all pregnant.

Congrats everyone! Amy.
|

replied April 22nd, 2009
it gets better
I see that I posted my message on March 3rd, I'm in my second trimester and it definitely went away a long time ago. my belly is growing and now I know it's the baby not the bloating.
|

replied April 27th, 2009
it gets better
i found out that i am 6weeks and 1day and its perfectley normal to feel bloating am verry bloated right now so yes hun its verry normal
|

replied April 27th, 2009
pinkish spotting
just like i been having verry light pinkish spotting and thats also normal as well so no worries ladies
|

replied April 30th, 2009
Big Belly Babe
I am only 7 weeks but I look like I am 7 months. My tummy is soooo bloated. I can only wear my pants with drawstrings or elastic waists. We are not ready to tell anyone of my pregnancy until after my CVS testing. Needless to say its been a task trying to hide my tummy. I am very petite and fit (fitness coach) For years, I have been known for my signature flat abs and mini 6pk. Everything I own is tight-fitting. Now all of a sudden I am wearing baggy clothes. lol. Vanity is taking a hiatus. lol. This is my first baby and I tell you after hearing that heartbeat in the ultrasound, baggy clothes are fine with me. I just want a healthy baby.
|

User Profile
replied April 30th, 2009
Bloaty and dodgy bowels
hi guys- same here- all is the same boat- 7 weeks preg and have been on and off bloating- do any of you have IBS - i'm thinking maybe that may be an added contributor? Also having days where my bowels are loose too.
|

replied May 6th, 2009
Bloated
Hi guys am the same 6 weeks pregnant bloated full of wind and going the loo for number too's all day long. Had some sickness this morning, but hey am enjoying being with child. role on new years eve:)
|