Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

light pink blood spotting w/ negative pregnancy test (false?) (Page 1)

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
hiii everyone. okay heres the situation. im a week and a day late. sometimes i can be like 2 days late and get my period. but ive never been a week and a day late. me and my boyfriend have been having unprotected sex for about two months. we're kinda "trying" to get pregnant but i don't know whats going on. my breasts are tender and the veins in the them are very dark.ive been having abdominal pains and piercing pains where my ovaries would be. i have very bad mood swings (ask my boyfriend (they're really bad) ). and i've been very tired. these have been happening for the past 2 weeks. today i went to wipe myself, and i got light pink blood. but only when i wipe myself. its not like coming out like normal period blood. could this be spotting? i took a pregnacy test on like friday or saturday and it came back negative. could it be false? i need some advice. if anyone could help out that would be great. thanks a lot. :]
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile egrzesik25
|

replied November 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Take another test.
|

User Profile
replied November 21st, 2007
Experienced User
take another one or go to the dr
|

User Profile
replied November 22nd, 2007
Experienced User
take another test and go to the dr
|

User Profile
Experienced User
ahhh thanks i didnt notice i put or
i meant and i think faster than i type
lol
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
have you tested a second time?

if the HPTs are not working for you schedule an appointment or go to a clinic
|

Extremely eHealthy
What do teens tell their parents in situations like this, if they are pregnant? Do they say they were trying to get pregnant?
|

replied November 23rd, 2007
Experienced User
False negatives are a heck of a lot more common than false positives. I say you should test again, and if the symptoms don't go away, and your period doesn't show up you better get your butt to a doctor!

Also, you never stated your age but if you're still a teen, please consider the consequences of getting pregnant so young. There are a lot of teen moms in this forum, they'll step up and tell you first hand that it's not an easy ride.
|

replied November 23rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
first off
if taken correctly after a missed period hpts are usually correct. so your most liely NOT pregnant

and a very small percentage of women have bleeding at all during pregnancy or implantation

so my guess is your periods are irregular
its common
it happens
|

replied August 25th, 2011
hpt
actually making a statement that hpt's are usually correct is not true...Pregnancy tests work by detecting human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) that only a pregnant woman would have, and if this level is very low than a hpt may not detect it at first, so it just depends on the body.
|

User Profile
replied November 25th, 2007
You could be pregnant. If in another week your period doesn't make it's appearance, take another test. If it's negative you should go see the doctor. You might be one of the small amount of women who doesn't show up on the HPT at the usual time.

Oh and that could have been implantation bleeding. 1/4th of pregnant women have reported this from what I've been researching (I've been looking at every legitimate site about this lately.) If it gets heavier then it is probably your period.
|

replied November 26th, 2012
I was spotting back on the 12 but last period last month on the 10th october n its been nearly 2 months since my last period would u have an idea of what this could be
|

replied November 25th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
You need to wait two weeks from the last time you had unprotected sex and THEN test. Since you're constantly having unprotected sex that makes things a little more complicated, but generally if your period is late, a test will be accurate. I suggest taking another one when you're two weeks past when your period should have started.

Pregnancy symptoms and PMS symptoms are pretty much the same. So unless these symptoms are something new you've never experienced, you can't use them as indicators of pregnancy.
|

User Profile
replied March 8th, 2010
I'm having almost the same exact problem the original question asker has. I never have unprotected sex, but my last period was probably around the 19th of January and it is now March 7th, I very rarely miss but I feel pregnant and because it is my second child (I'm 23, with a 3-year-old) but I don't have a period, but when I wipe it is pink but all my tests are negative... I'm not sure if I should think I'm pregnant or that's just my period on it's way. I did take a First Response test this morning first thing and that is supposed to be really sensitive.
|
Users who thank ktmarie228 for this post: anababbyy 

replied March 22nd, 2010
i did not get my period in fed ad i had light bleeding in march i took like 3 pregnancy test dose this mean im pregnant but its just not showing up on the test
|

replied March 22nd, 2010
i did not get my period in fed ad i had light bleeding in march i took like 3 pregnancy test dose this mean im pregnant but its just not showing up on the test
|

replied March 24th, 2010
Negative pregnancy test, spotting and abdomen pain.
I had a light period that lasted 2 days, still spotting. Took a test and it was negative but having abdominal pain and feel pressure. Doctor said it was just me that it was normal period pain I told her that my period is 5 days kind of heavy and she said it was my hormones. I have 2 kids and never had this problem. Need help
|

User Profile
replied April 25th, 2010
I am also having the same issues. My husband and I have been trying to conceive child #2. With my first child, I had spotting and TWO negatives before I got a positive result. Now my period is about 6 days late, but this morning I had some spotting..I have been having a lot of symptoms but negative test results. I''m wondering if I am pregnant...this is so frustrating.
|

replied May 4th, 2010
Same thing. I am always exactly on time. I am never ever late. About one and a half weeks before my expected period, I had light spotting when I wiped. I thought I was going to start my period early, which was confusing to me because i am never more than a day early. So now I am 5 days late on my period and have had numerous negative pregnancy tests, including a urine at the doctor since I was going for birth control today. I don''t understand. The only time I have ever been late was when I was pregnant. Any advice?
|

User Profile
replied May 9th, 2010
Experienced User
The blood is most likely implantation bleeding. A positive test would not show up yet. Try again in another few days. It should come up positive.. so congrats!!!
|
Users who thank egrzesik25 for this post: shanneek 

User Profile
replied May 9th, 2010
Experienced User
Verizon-y wrote:
What do teens tell their parents in situations like this, if they are pregnant? Do they say they were trying to get pregnant?

Hmm.... well I was pregnant at 13 and I wasn't trying but I do not regret my daughter. She made me the happiest person in the world. I am now 18 and I was trying to get pregnant. I came off of my NuvaRing and I was immediately pregnant. Well I was after I had my period and I put my ring back in. After three days of it being in, I took it out and tried and I kept getting negatives. And today I am around 7 weeks and 18 years old. My parents love kids and they are happy it's with a great guy this time :]
|

User Profile
replied May 10th, 2010
heyy im about 2 weeks late. im never late i always get my period the last 3 days of the month. i had unprotected sex on the 17 and 24. i took a test this morning and it was negative. when i use the restroom i find light pink spotting on the toilet paper.. there no sign of period.. whats wrong please help..?
|