Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Ortho Micronor And No Peirod? (Page 1)

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
User Profile
I have been on Ortho Micronor for about 6 months. and after 3 months i stoped having periods all togeither, no spoting nothing.. Im not pregnant took a test last week. Is this normal? I thought it was, but i started worrying so i thought i would ask. Every time i have sex ive also used a condom. I know Micronor could make your periods lighter, but it doesnt say anywhere in the pack that it stops it all togeither. If you have takin it,or know about it, please tell me what you think, or what happend to you. Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper sarahanne
|

replied November 20th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
You should call your gyno and ask; but many women experience a cessation of their periods on all different kinds of birth control.
|

replied January 25th, 2012
i switched to it and was on it for a month, i waited to get my period and its been a week now, still nothing. so i started a new pack, i have no signs of pregnancy so i am hoping im not. I remember after i had my third baby i was on it and i did get my period so i am confused now on why i didn't get it this time.
|

replied June 16th, 2012
Ortho Micronor reply
I take Ortho Micronor as well. I've been on it for almost 2 years. From the day I took my first pill, I have not ever had my period again. No spotting, nothing. It doesn't bother me, I think it's kinda awesome. My sister thinks I'm going to have some crazy build up and when I decide to go off of it then I will have the worst period of my life. Well, my sis is no doctor she's just a hypochondriac. The best part is that my headaches went away. The worst part is that now my back and face break out pretty fiercely. But I try to keep up with it and make sure I'm washing my face regularly and eating healthy. I know that all the pills are exactly the same as far as the level of hormones. But I swear that I get moody when I am towards then end of the pack. Does anyone else experience this? Thanks Smile ~Trish
|

replied March 4th, 2013
My first 4 months on Micronor I had really terrible periods, but the last two I haven't had one at all. But, fizz499, I also get PMS symptoms still when I think I should, and then don't have any bleeding. It's great but also scary- have to keep more PTs around the house for awhile...
|

replied April 30th, 2008
micronor s/e
Surprised hi.im also into micronor (jolivette)for a month now.i started taking april 10 and by april 18 i had spotting until now.. Sad .. i realy have no idea if i am mestruating or spotting because the flow is mild to moderate and it was painful at times like im having dysmenorrhea...just last night it was terribly painful about 3hours.im passing small blood clots and this morning i had discharges looked like a chicken thin sliced (not red color) with a blood clot on it.do you experience the same with mine?my gyne told me its normal to have spotting for a couple of months..but she doesnt told me about painful bleeding.however, i wasnt alarmed about this since the bleeding is not consistent.anyway, pls tell me what you experienced while on micronor. thanks! Wink
|

replied April 30th, 2008
micronor s/e
Surprised hi.im also into micronor (jolivette)for a month now.i started taking april 10 and by april 18 i had spotting until now.. Sad .. i realy have no idea if i am mestruating or spotting because the flow is mild to moderate and it was painful at times like im having dysmenorrhea...just last night it was terribly painful about 3hours.im passing small blood clots and this morning i had discharges looked like a chicken thin sliced (not red color) with a blood clot on it.do you experience the same with mine?my gyne told me its normal to have spotting for a couple of months..but she doesnt told me about painful bleeding.however, i wasnt alarmed about this since the bleeding is not consistent.anyway, pls tell me what you experienced while on micronor. thanks! Wink
|

replied June 19th, 2012
The first PA I saw for women's health said to call immediately if I was passing blood clots. The one I saw just yesterday said to call if there were any abnormalities to my period whatsoever. Both implied that these were potentially serious concerns.
|

User Profile
replied April 30th, 2008
Experienced User
well when i was on it i got a constant headach for a couple months than it went away, i never had any spoting or a period at all so i cant help to much with that. but the one im on now is the implanon, and ive had a constant period with lots of clots like you have. its also been painful at times..

hope that helped alittle
|

replied May 2nd, 2008
thank you for sharing your experience...im not familiar though with implanon.i hope you well with that pill. if my bleding will not stop after one month, i think im going to change my pill eventhough the doctor will say its normal that i bleed.
|

replied February 6th, 2009
Hello
Hello- I too have been on micronor and decided that I wanted to get a period so I stoppped taking it for a bit. But No period. Im not pregnant, so yes I think your normal Razz
|

replied June 18th, 2009
Same here, no period after about 6 mos taking Micronor. YAY!! How could ANY woman have an issue with not having a period, assuming she's been told she's healthy?! C'mon girls!! Enjoy! Smile Now, spotting is a different thing - I had the same peoble for about a month when I first started 3 years ago, but then, VOILA! GONE! And it's never come back, and I'm healthy as a horse!!
|

replied June 23rd, 2009
Micronor
i have taken micronor and i constantly spot and have the nasty stuff, i went back to the docs last week and they prescribed me with ovranette but this like all other combined pills is making me sick therefore im pretty sure im allergic to the oestrgen!!!

There seems to be no way around it, i either have to take micronor and have a period, spotting, mess when my body feels like it or im sick.

Iv also tried cerazette and that was even worse!! Apparently this is all normal and the GP advises you give it time to settle, with the combined im like a zombie for days and being sick and with the mini pill im all over the show!! My poor bf is pretty good with it all and im keepting tampax in business!!!!
|

replied June 24th, 2009
Micronor Side Effects?
Im on Micronor and have been now for about 3yrs. These last few months ive been feeling tired, having dizzy spells and my sex drive has gone out the window...does anyone else have these symptons?? The reason I ask this is because someone mentioned that it could be the pill.
|

replied June 25th, 2009
Micronor
I find that my sex drive has been affected the last few months but im also affected by the heat etc. If your stressed then this can react with the hormones in any pills, maybe take some time out and if your still feeling ruff then maybe take yourself off it for a week and use alternative protection and if you feel better then you know what it is. Thats what they tell me.

Iv got to say i dont suffer any side affect with this one however i used to take microgynon and did for years then after trying to go bk onto it after 2yrs it didnt agree with my body so your body can reject these things so it seems as and when it likes.

Who would chose to be a woman?
|

replied January 22nd, 2010
I had my first baby in march 2009. I've been on the generic micronor since may 2009. I breastfeed also. I have not had a period or spotting of any kind. Hallelujah! I hope that answers some questions. I think its normal to not have a period while on this pill or am i not menstruating because im nursing? How soon after i quit the pill will my periods return? Does anyone have an idea? I would like to get pregnant again soon. So, im trying to figure out my chances on conceiving.
|

replied February 27th, 2010
Help?
I'm on Micronor too. My breasts are incredibly tender and I feel dizzy all the time. I also get sick to my stomache sometimes. I'm not sure if I'm pregnant or not. I take the pill on the dot every day but I'm not sure when to take a pregnancy test since I don't have a period at all I'm not sure when taking a pregnancy test would do any good.

Anyone having these problems? It's starting to stress me out.

):
|

replied March 13th, 2010
Help??
I've been on micronor now for a month. My doc had switched me to this from combo birth control (marvelon) because i got nasty migraines. Im now 4 days late and have not got my period. I took all pills on time, have not had any spotting or any negative symptoms.Is this normal? Kinda stressing me out! Has this happened to anyone else? Could i be prego?
|

replied May 3rd, 2010
micronor anticoceptives..
Im on Micronor too and have been for about 3 months.when i started , i had my period every two weeks. during a month 1/2.. after that.. i have no period sincen then.. dnt knw wuts happening.,, ( i missed 1 pills )so.. maybe.. is bcuz of that?.. can i b pregnant? or are just the pills?.. {is been a month and 1 week with no period... Anyone having these problems ?
|

replied May 28th, 2010
ortho micronor
I was on ortho micronor (generic though) for almost two years. My doctor did tell me that it makes your period lighter and could make you not even have it. During the time I was on it sometimes my cycle was regular (but periods were definitely lighter) and then there would a few months without periods. I just took pregnancy tests to make sure. I had no problems while on it and liked the lighter and even missed periods. It was nice. I just stopped taking it last month because my husband and I were ready to try for a baby. I was worried that it would take awhile since this really messed with my cycles. (Although that was a question I asked before starting it and the Dr. assured me I would return to normal right away.) Well, I got pregnant two weeks later so no worries there! (I had even missed the previous month's period.)
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2010
Hello! I came to this forum on a search about Micronor (generic) pills....my period is a few months late and starting last week I began feeling very nauseated all day, every day. Panicking, I've taken about 3 pregnancy tests and they all come out negative. So....I guess I'm another one of those women who stop having their periods altogether! I'm glad other people had this happen too. Still going to take another test soon, as my periods were a "sure sign" that I wasn't pregnant and not having one certainly freaks me out big time! Guess I should stop stressing and get used to it Smile The nausea kinda sucks, though.
|

replied June 23rd, 2010
No period
I also was on Micronor for aprox 4-6 months and decided to stop taking them as I did not need them anymore. I did not get my period back untill a year and a half later and this was just fine with me. I was unaware that it was the Micronor untill I just read this blog. So thank-you . I have my period back now and it is very painfull as I have endometiosis.I will be going back on Micronor soon now that I know that this will in a way be a cure for now.Thanks again and good luck to you all
|

replied July 13th, 2010
to Baby_caty, am i a prego?
to Baby_caty,
hey um i'm experiencing the exact same thing and i was just wondering if in fact it is just the micronor, like i had the whole every 2 weeks and im now on day 25 on my second pack, and still have no period when i would be getting it 3-4 days before now, so im just wondering am i normal or maybe a prego?
|

replied September 19th, 2010
I need help!
I just started Mirconor and was wondering when I am supposed to get my period. I am on my second pack and only had 1 period last month. Well, now I see that there are two green dots (1 dot on day 1 and 1 on day 15). Does this mean I am supposed to get two periods in one month? I just had a period two weeks ago and once I hit day 15 on this new pack...here we go, another one! Please let me know if anyone has experienced this so I will not feel that I am alone. lol
|