Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Cyst Or Pimple?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Confused I'm having my period now, but I noticed I developed a pimple on one side of my inner labia. I'm not sure if it's a cyst or pimple. Is a cyst the same as a pimple? I think it might be a bartholin cyst because of where it's located. It's sort of red, doesn't hurt too much, it's a little smaller than a pea, and it feels like a semi-soft small lump. It doesn't hurt when I walk, but it bothers me a little if I sit in a certain position. On the top of the lump is a white formation. It looks like a normal pimple that you get on your face that you could pop and pus comes out. I mean, it looks like it's ready to be popped because there's a sort of mucus formation on the top. So is it a pimple or a cyst? Can anyone recommend some home treatments? I read online that warm compresses will do the trick. Is that true? Confused
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 12th, 2004
Sounds More Like a Pimple
What you're dealing with sounds more like a pimple or an ingrown hair. I get them from time to time and there are times when they get huge and are very painful. The doctor told me to not take hot baths, only showers. I don't know why, didn't ask, but it has really helped. He said when it gets to where you think it needs to be popped to pop it. I tried putting all kinds of things on mine including the hot cloths and it only made it worse.
|

replied April 12th, 2004
Yeah it looks more and more like a pimple. But it's growing in an area where no hair grows. So how could it be an ingrown hair? I've never taken baths. I only take showers. I just don't understand why I got it there all of a sudden. I shouldn't use warm cloths? Then what should I do to get rid of it? Obviously, I can't put a bandage there. Should I be really worried about this?
|

replied April 12th, 2004
I personally had no luck with the warm compresses but when it first happened to me and I was asking people about it I had tons of them tell me to put a damp washcloth into the microwave until it was steaming and put that on it until it formed a head and then pop it. It works for them I guess, just didn't for me. Sometimes we actually have hair where you can't seem or it could have been from something you were wearing just rubbing you wrong. They make a thing called bikini something...Can't think of the other name, I want to say bikini zone. I've used it and within a day the bump was gone. If it's bothering you then you need to pop it. I do get some that hurt real bad and I pop them to ease the pain. If it's not gone or gets a lot bigger i'd go to the doctor and make sure of what it is but if there's just one it certainly doesn't sound like an std or anything ya know.
|

replied April 12th, 2004
So if I only have one pimple, it's not an std? I don't want to pop it. It will hurt too much. I wonder if I should tell my mom. I'm still under her insurance and if I have to go to the doc, I have to let her know. I don't want her to think it's an std. Maybe the pimple came up because it rubbed against the pad i've been wearing?
|

replied April 13th, 2004
I popped the pimple. It no longer hurts, but a soft, painless bump still remains on the skin. Is that a bad or good sign?
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Andrijana Shterjovska