Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Fishy Foul Smelling Urine But Nothing Else - what could it be?

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
I have had UTI's and BV ANd both i have had foul smelling urine but many other symtoms like burning and itching and all the lovely stuff like that. But now i have a fishy foul smelling urine and nothing else.. what could it be now???
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper heights
|

replied November 27th, 2007
Experienced User
if you are drinking alot of sugery/soft drink like drinks and not enough water it could be because of that although if you find it un-normal see your dr.
|

replied February 28th, 2008
...it's e.coli!
It's almost deffinately an e.coli infection. It has a very nasty smell and would cause the other symptoms thay you've described. The best way that I'm aware of to get rid of such an infection is to use something like Waterfall D-Mannose since, unlike anti-biotics that kill some and make the rest stronger, it simply flushes the bacteria out of your body and you'll hopefully feel well again in just a few hours.

Hope this helps,

Chiyaki.
|

replied June 13th, 2011
Does it actually work?
|

replied July 15th, 2009
i have a fishy smell when i pee why
|