Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Fetal Movement - I can see my stomach move when baby moves

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I am 20 weeks and feel my baby move all the time. I can even see my stomach move if he does a strong enough movement. I am 5'7" and prior to pregnancy weighed 130. I have read that many women don't even feel fetal movement until 24 weeks or so. Should I be concerned that there is so much activity going on. I mean I can literally see my stomach move when I feel my baby move, and my husband has seen and felt it too so I know I am not crazy. Should I be concerned? Is it too early for all of this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 18th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
No.

Really, chill out. You only need to be worried if you DON'T feel anything.
|

User Profile
replied November 19th, 2007
Experienced User
I first felt my baby move at around 16 weeks, its fine... You can feel your baby as early as 15 weeks...
|

Especially eHealthy
its normal
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I wish i could feel mine that much at 20 weeks. I didn't get regular, strong movement until about 25 weeks. I'm a bit over weight so i had to wait for the strong ones. But i'm 35 weeks now, and i tell you what she's got some strong legs, and arms! lol Enjoy the movement. You'll miss it when she/he is born Smile
|

replied April 26th, 2010
Thank you sooo much for posting this!!
I wasn''t 100% sure I could feel the baby at all yet (at 20 weeks) and then all of a sudden tonight it was like there was an alien in my belly!
It''s nice to know it''s not just me!!
|

replied June 4th, 2010
feeling baby at 20 weeks
I am only 20 weeks and feel my baby all the time! You can even see my stomach move when he kicks, its crazy! I didnt think Id feel so much already, especially on the outside!! So I'm hoping its normal.
|