Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Stabbing pains & sharp twinge in uterus normal during pregnancy?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I'm 10 weeks and 5 days pregnant. All day today I've been having stabbing pains. They're very sharp and uncomfortable. The first one was really intense to the point I doubled over. Then I'd have like this sharp twinge in my uterus a couple of times every 5 minutes. It's slowed down now but I still get the stabbing pains every once in awhile. Is this normal? Is this the ligaments stretching? (P.S. I am pretty small 115 pounds) I was told cuz I was small that it's my uterus stretching already but I think I need more reassurance.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 18th, 2007
Supporter
i did have something simular at 17weeks and it did turn out to b ligaments. Call your dr just to make sure though
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
im having them at the moment. i was told they were stretching of the ligaments but if you are worried just call your doctor to be sure. thats what theyre there for Smile
|

Experienced User
rosejackson wrote:
im having them at the moment. i was told they were stretching of the ligaments but if you are worried just call your doctor to be sure. thats what theyre there for Smile

How far along are you? (And congrats Smile )
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
im 7 weeks. ive been having the pains for about a week now. really getting on my nerves. they mainly feel like period pains
|

Especially eHealthy
sounds like ligament streatching
but call your dr
|

User Profile
replied November 21st, 2007
Experienced User
mine were ligaments but i freaked out
and made my hubby take me to the er
and since the military is
who evers worse goes first we sat there for like 15 hours
|

Experienced User
I don't recall having those type of pains in my first trimester... I have some dull pains now but nothing bad. I agree with the others, you may want to call your Doctor.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
i didnt get them with my first but ive had them constant with this pregnancy. they're slowly going and are being replaced by lots of wind. joy!
|