Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

6 months pregnant and bleeding

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I am 24 weeks pregnant I had sex with my husband this morning and then I started bleeding like I was on my period. I started having pains in my left side they weren't really bad but they were still pains. It has slowed down some it is just like a light bleeding now, When I first started bleeding though it was a bright red. Can someone help me
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 17th, 2007
Cont. Messages
Has anyone had this happen to then when they was as far as I am . All I did was have sex with my husband. And the bleeding hasn't stopped
|

Re: Hi Can Somebody Help Me? I Am Pregnant And Bleeding
Mommie Dearest wrote:
consuelo wrote:
Crying or Very sad I am very sad I am 7 weeks pregnant and I began bleeding two days ago. I went to emergency and they did an u/s they saw the baby but could not tell me if it is normal or if I am having a miscarriage because the baby is only 7 weeks old what do you think? Crying or Very sad

so has the bleeding stopped?? How are you feeling now?? I statred bleeding at 7 weeks and lost my baby. But that is not always the case. Some women go on to have very successfull pregnancies. I hope that is the case with yours.

No the bleeding hasn't stopped!!! I am 6 months pregnant. I have had a normal pregnancy up to this day I had sex with my husband this morning and started bleeding
|

Experienced User
Sex can cause bleeding because it makes your cervix bleed. If it is your cervix bleeding there is nothing to worry about. I would however call your Dr since there is no way to know for sure. Try not to stress to bad, my Dr specifically told me that if I have sex I may bleed from my cervix.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
If the bleeding is heavy I would call my doctor or go in to labor and delivery. It's better to be safe than sorry.
|

Experienced User
Yep I had very heavy bleeding with my first for a couple days after having sex. I freaked out and went to the Dr. He just warned my I may bleed after sex. But if I experienced gushing or bad cramping to let him know. I just started to expect a little bleeding after sex. It all turned out just fine, I have 7 year old little girl.
|

replied November 21st, 2007
You should call your doctor immidietly. I had a miscarriage before and my doctor told me that if the blood was bright red it wasn't a good sign. It's always best to make sure. Don't panic, but you may need to be looked at.
|