Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

When Baby Is Breech.

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
I was just reading on what to do to help a breech baby switch to head first. I got this.....

http://www.birthinternational.com/articles /andrea13.html

LOL If i tried those i would NEVER make it off the floor. Anyone have any other suggestions? Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 17th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
lol i have NO idea holly

i just hope she turns her but around soon!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Me too. I'm kinda scared of a C-section.
|

Especially eHealthy
thats one thing i dont want is a c section
im terrified of the thought of one

Sad
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I'm just kinda freaked cause i went into labor at 37 weeks with my first, and here i am at 35 weeks tomorrow. I know that every pregnancy is not the same, but the way i've been feeling i'm wondering if i'll make it to the end of Dec. We'll see though.
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
I think the website spinningbabies.com may also have some info on turning breech babies if you search it. I know some of the positions they were telling us in Lamaze is crawling around on your hands and knees for 10-15 min. a day; I've also read getting in a warm bath (maybe squatting in the tub) to your lower belly don't cover all the belly with warm water and putting a bag of frozen veggies where you don't want the baby's head might help (I think the theory is the baby doesn't like the cold and hopefully tries to move to the warmer area). I think that's on the spinning babies site too. There's something about using an exercise ball, but I forget exactly how to position yourself to help the baby turn.

I hope your baby will turn for you.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
lol i tried the other night getting into the bath tub. I read that a nice bath sometimes gets rid of cankles, and i almost didn't make it out! lol.. no bath time until the babys here! Smile She did go over the thing they do at the hospital with turning the baby, and that sounds kinda painful, and she said it's only a 50-50 shot. And it could put me into labor, or the baby in distress. So i guess i'm going to just wait and see what she does, and maybe crawl on the floor. lol what a site Smile
|

Especially eHealthy
lol what about sex? does that help at all?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
My baby never turned and they scheduled me for a c section. I went into labor a few weeks early at 37 to 38 weeks and had emergency. The doctor tried to turn the baby and that was extremely painful. Some others on here had that done and they didn't have a bad experience like I did.
Brian was wedged pretty good. Do you know what kind of breech he is??

If I new for a fact my baby was complete breech, not feet first, I may have tried to deliver him that way. Since I didn't know for sure, we went with the c section.

I have heard some great stories of babies turning on their own during labor. Unfortunetly, I wasn't one of them.

I have to say, c section was so surreal. When they decided to give me a c section, I didn't think it was going to be 30 minutes later. Wow! It was so quick.

I hope you can avoid a c section! Good luck.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
No i'm not sure what breech position she is. I read there are like 4-5 of them. All i know is her head is on the left side of my ribs, and her feet are down at the bottom. The US i had was not from the doctor. My fiances mom is a radiology tech and she brought me in a couple times in the last few months. We had one just about 2 weeks ago right before my last visit. And i told the doctor that i had one, and she was still breech, and she said that this next visit on Wed she'll feel, and if she's still breech we will go over my options.
|

replied November 18th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
my son was breech but the dcoctors could not try to turn him cause the cord was wrapped so i had a c-section.
|

User Profile
Supporter
It's an old wives tale but it worked for my mum with me and charlie. Put something cold on the top of your bump and hopefully the baby will try to move their head somewhere warmer. Anything's worth a go really
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I was in a birth class with my cousin a few weeks ago as I am going to be her doula. the instructor brought up some very interesting points I had never thought about. The way we relax is so different nowadays that we have TV and comfy chairs and couches etc. We recline so much of the day and this activity seems to be a contributing factor in breech position. She advised moms to spend a lot of their day bent over at the waist, leaning on a counter, birth ball, ect as this will allow gravity to assist with reversal. Also, pelvic tilts on all fours and squatting can really help. They do a lot of this in prenatal yoga, and it's not too late ofr you to try. My baby turned around two weeks before I was due into a full pike breech position and I didn't know it until my due date, after my water broke, so there was no chance for a version. I would have done anything to avoid a section. I actually ended up having two and after having recovered from them, I have to say they were not really all that terrible. I hope it works out and your baby flips, but I just wanted you to know that a section is not the most horrible thing in the world. I had originally thought that it was, but the second one was so quick. I was eating sushi less than 72 hours later and back to yoga 2 weeks later. Best of luck!
|

Especially eHealthy
Dannzibelle wrote:
It's an old wives tale but it worked for my mum with me and charlie. Put something cold on the top of your bump and hopefully the baby will try to move their head somewhere warmer. Anything's worth a go really

This actually is a great method. It works 75% of the time. It's just REALLLLY cold on your belly!! LOL!!!

Sarah
|