Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

should i take the day after pill? what are my chances of preg?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
well i got my period on the 1st of november and it ended 8th of november. and yesterday which was the 16th, me and my boyfriend had sex with no protection but he pulled out before he ejaculated.

so what are my chances of getting preg?
should i take the day after pill?
if i do when should i expect my next period to come? (like will it come late for the month of december?)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 17th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
The pull out mrthod isn't a reliable form of contraception as semen comes out before ejaculation so there is always a chance of pregnancy (and most women ovulate around two weeks into their cycle so you would be around that time, although everyone is different). If you do not want to be pregnant then take the morning after pill, it does alter your cycle a little so your period may come a little earlier than expected.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I would take emergency contraception immediately. It loses effectiveness quickly. You have to take it before you ovulate or else it won't work.
|

Extremely eHealthy
yes you should take the morning after pill. Pre-ejaculate is present almost all the time on the tip of the penis and all it takes is 1 our of 500 millions sperm to impregnate you. Pull is not a method its a stupid chance!
|

replied November 18th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
you can get pregnant

the end
|