Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

23 Days Late With Two Negative Home Tests

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
User Profile
Not sure what is going on. I am 23 days late. Definitetly feeling some pregnancy symptoms such as bloating, slight cramping, lightheaded, frequent urination, swollen and darkened areolas, and sensitive breasts. I have already taken two home pregnancy test, but both have come back negative. I'm posting this to see if others have had the same experience as I am having. A pregnancy would be great for my fiance and me. I checked his work schedule back at my time of ovulation, and sure enough, he was home for a week before ovulation and almost a week after. (He works schedule work which takes him away from home for short times.)
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile wenicu
|

replied November 17th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
You should get a blood test done, that way you know for sure if your pregnant or not.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Did you take both of the tests after you missed your period? Some just aren't as sesnsitve (for example if you ovulated slightly later you could be pregnant but have slightly lowere levels of hCG than the test could detect) although at 23 days later you would expect a bfp by now!

Ask your doctor for a blood test as tiamccoy said as that will give you a definitive answer and best of luck!
|

User Profile
I agree about going to the doctor. I will call monday to set up an appointment. Yes, both tests were taken after my missed period. The first was about a week after. The second was 5 days ago. I am very tempted to head out and get another test today. Was reading up that the dollar store sells tests for only $1. The sensitivity is the same as most major brands from any drugstore or department store.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Yep, like someone else said maybe it's time to get a blood test. When I was late I had pregnancy symptoms but didn't really have that moment where "I knew" I was pregnant. But I knew something wasn't right. Everyone's diffrent and for whatever reason sometimes it takes awhile for pregnant women to get a positive hpt test. There's a number of reasons your period could be late as I'm sure you know, but if you really feel you may be pregnant then I'd say get the blood test.
|

Especially eHealthy
when taken correctly after a missed period, hpts are usually correct. yeah sometimes it happens that the test comes up negative but majority of the time its right
so if youve taken 2 est and they are both neg then your probably not pregnant

there are many reasons why you may be so late
you defnately need to see a dr and maybe get on birth control to help regulate your periods
|

Experienced User
I Am Kinda In the Same Situation...
except I havent had my period in a little over 70 days. I really thought I was pregnant but I took lots of hpts and all were negative. I finally went to the doctor last friday and they did a preg test and of course it was negative. so my doctor sent me to get blood taken so that she could run a bunch of test such as thyroid, diabetes and Im not exactly sure what else, I dont know if she did a blood test for pregnancy or not, but I wont find out the results of the different tests until december 3rd because thats when I go back to the doctor. I am really confused also about all of this because I really thought I was pregnant, but many things can make you miss your period. good luck to you.
|

replied November 20th, 2007
Kinda the Same
except my period is only 2 weeks late and i have had a blood test which came back negative and so have my hpt's i dont know what's going on the doctor has not said anything about running anymore tests but hopefully something looks up asap. good luck to you
|

User Profile
replied September 3rd, 2010
Im also 23 days late & took 3 test that came out negative & went to the doctor and had a blood test but it came out negative. i dont know whats going on or what to do! any advice?
|

replied May 14th, 2012
I am having the same problem now!!!! Sad
|

replied October 2nd, 2012
23 Days Late, Negative test results
I can see that everyone's going through the same thing. No one seems to have followed up on what is going on. If not pregnant, then why is the period delayed? I'm going through the same thing. I'm never this late. I'm 23 days late and 2 negative results. Everyone keeps saying that it's stress. But I've been more stressed out before than I am now--my period is never this late.
|

replied October 3rd, 2012
I am having the same problem too. I have missed my period for two months now. Have tested negetive for homr pregnancy 7 times and negative blood test once in september 10th and another weakly positive blood test one week later. I lastly saw my period in July 17th for 3 days instead of 4days. And I made love lastly in june 3rd week. Am having symptoms of pregnancy. Stomach, back, and leg cramps. I feel movememnt in my stomach like buterflies and heavyness. I feel like vomiting when hungry and my mouth is full of saliva often but my tommmy is not growing. I had another home test today and it read negative, the scan couldn't see the baby too. Am confused. Am I pregnant or not? I Haven't been on any pill. Is there anyone with similar experience?
|