Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Chat Forum

Penis Size and Husband's Self Esteem (Page 1)

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
my husband has major self esteem issues with his penis size. i feel it is fine it measures 4.5inches flaccid and 6 inches erect with a circumferance of 5 inches erect can anyone respond with there thoughts.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Fairlight_Meadow
|

replied November 17th, 2007
Larger than my fiance's. And all that matters is that you're satisfied! Who else is going to know it's size?!
|

replied November 22nd, 2013
Experienced User
Your husband should not worry about the size of his penis, its fine, just over 4" placcid and 6" up is good, I am 4" down and 7" up and 5" in circumference and very happy about that, but I wish I could have been 6" down 10" up and 7" in circumference LOL
O just joking
|

replied November 20th, 2007
6 inches is average/normal! Don't u guys know that if it's too big it hurts? Plus, it's about your connection with each other and how he hits the right spots that make sex enjoyable.
|

replied November 25th, 2007
Experienced User
What's Left to Be Said
I have to deal with a 9 inch plus...it does take some accommodating.

The bottom line is that you are satisfied.

Why does your husband have low self esteem about this.

Oh...by the way, soft, my 9 incher is the same size as your husband's.
|

replied February 6th, 2008
If you like it, why does he care? Does he think that you wish it were bigger? 6 inches is plenty. It's not until you get into the 4 inch erections that it starts to matter (just my opinion...and experience).
|

replied July 19th, 2012
now i believe am
aw really well am like 4 maybe 5 and am in my 30,s and i cant keep a woman and i do it all they always tell me if you were only a lil bigger or like my ex told me during sex daam youre so small that kill me as a man i havent been with a woman since ive been in my 30,s
|

replied December 23rd, 2012
If the women you have been with in the past all tell you your penis is too small, those women are not worth while. 4 inches is enough to produce mutual pleasure. I speak from experience; it took me 30 years to stop being self conscious about mine; now I am over 60 and quite happy, and my partners are happy. Don't waste time worrying!
|

User Profile
replied February 6th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Compliment the heck out of him!! When you see him naked, tell him (specifically) how hot his penis is... etc. He'll stop worrying about it soon. Smile

P.S. the same works for women
|

User Profile
replied February 7th, 2008
Supporter
6 inches is the same as my boyfriend's. it is PERPECT, i wouldn't want it any bigger!!!!
|

User Profile
replied February 16th, 2008
my husband is 7 in erect and that still a lot for me. and it's about how well he's good at pleasing you not how big he is. as long as he's pleasing you he should worry. Smile

do other women get the painful feeling when it hits the top? >.< like iti'll break through the cervix?
|

replied March 3rd, 2008
im a guy btw
we cant help being insecure its just a problem alot of men face
sometimes there is noting that can be said or done to stop uss from being insecure
i am very insecure even though im over 7" but i just think i can always be improved in some way if you want to try n help him feel more secure give his penis alot of atention
make him feel like a stallion when you are having intercourse always tell him he is great (only if he is tho never fake it wont get you anywhere he will just think that is what you like and do it again)
if he makes you orgasm like you never have befor tell him to keep on what he is doing
make sure he knows that he satisfies you but dont over do it
|

replied March 3rd, 2008
Experienced User
No matter what, most men will be insecure about their penis size. They always fear that you may be just telling them that you're satisfied but really not. Continue to tell him how much you love and appreciate that part of his body, it's going to take a lot of time for him to feel okay about it. And 6 inches is above normal, as 5.5 is the average. So your husband is bigger than the average guy Smile
|

replied May 11th, 2008
size
have been really ashamed since in school, showering with other guys, developed late and size when not hard always an issue, never when hard with partners, have been told very long and thick but when not excited was always embarassed
|

replied May 18th, 2008
Actually, being a man, what i find, that women used to get pleasure first from the foreplay, cunnilingus and annalingus. And after their first orgasm, the second one, i can g ive them pretty smoothly by my 6 inches. None of the girls has ever complained about my size. So no question of loosing my self esteem.
|

replied May 18th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
my bf is the same way he's alittle over 6..i tell him you know what, say what you want but it works for me! I've never seen another guys and i've never been with another guy..sooooo..its not like he has alot of competition and i'm happy! Smile
|

User Profile
replied May 27th, 2008
Experienced User
Girl.....it aint the size of the boat....only the motion of the ocean!!!!
|

replied May 30th, 2008
I am a little over 7 inches on a good day...and i want a honest feed back from woman who have no feelings for me or anything....i feel like i could be a bit bigger when im inside her...and she has been with a few other boyfriends before me and they had sex regulary...what do u all think of seven...not if its ok but if its great...and in return ill try and answer any questions from my side of things
|

User Profile
replied June 2nd, 2008
Especially eHealthy
that's larger than average. Larger than my vibrator. Smile
|

replied October 2nd, 2009
try a penis extender
|

replied November 16th, 2009
Penis size is just a mind game that men play with themselves and other men -- and now women are attempting to play it (for whatever reasons they have, none of them usually have anything to do with the actual size of your penis).

Having a smaller penis is only an issue if you're stuck with a woman who has a huge vagina. The real issue is maintaining a good, hard erection...which becomes more a concern with age. But then, it's a completely normal part of the aging process.

So any woman who complains about your penis size is either trying to be cruel because she's mad about you over something else, or is in denial about her over-sized vagina...or just doesn't realize that the real problem for her is she'd like your penis to be harder...and that's a reflection on her, too, when you think about it.
|

replied November 21st, 2009
my penis is about 9 1/2 inches is this too big ??
|

replied January 5th, 2010
Penile size, mental thought issues, & health issues
My relationship with husband of 20+yrs is wrought w/problems that run the gamut of his having a smaller than average penis, which he takes personally even though I've NEVER said anything & quite the opposite I reassure him that he has plenty to keep me happy b/c quite frankly, he does. My philosophy is simple. Size doesn't matter; it's the manner in which it's used that does.

We deal with many problems that can contribute to issues he sometimes exacerbates. I feel somewhere along the line before we began dating then married some woman must have hurt his feelings to bring about this lack of self-esteem but I don't know for certain. He is a juvenile diabetic, which over the course of 40-some yrs there is always the fear of impotence. He suffered from 2 heart attacks, a stroke, & had to undergo a quad-bypass 1 yr ago this month. Sure, it had some impact on our sex life; hwr, IMO it has more to do with the angina he suffers at times when we are together but there have been a few occasions when he has not been able to get a full erection as quickly as he would like. But, he is not alone when it comes to health problems. I deal with the fact my father was abusive toward me (the only daughter - at least in this country & who was raised off & on w/ him throughout childhood; abuse spanned numerous areas including physical abuse) but I dealt w/the problem as well as his alcoholism through therapy & ALCOA meetings. Not long after we married I began losing my sight, then 9 yrs ago lupus (SLE) & Sjogren's disease became a part of the problem as well as premature menopause, & a partial hysterectomy not to mention the discovery of a cyst in my breast a little over 6 mos ago, which we have yet to learn if it is cancerous or not as of this point. It hasn't grown from the first mammogram/ultrasound but this is a wait & see game; hwr, I plan to make an appt w/ a surgeon to discuss the options of a biopsy & possible removal.

The best medicine I found to deal with issues relating to penile size and my husband's reluctance & fears of his not being adequately built are simple... It isn't a matter of size; it's what you can do with it that matters. We both worked hard to keep our sex life healthy and open to communication including sending the kids to grandma's house when needed to have some time to ourselves without feeling rushed. It's more difficult to get that spontaneity after having children & the psychological effects of feeling old w/ kids 10 yrs apart in age have played a role.

I've always had a couple of nice nightgowns (Fredrick's of Hollywood has an excellent line including options for plus-sized women); we do entertain sex toys for both partners including ones specifically for the man and specifically for the woman as well as ones we can share as a couple. It helps to keep those lines of communication open. It is important to be open-minded regarding foreplay, positioning, finding release in manners that do not necessarily require intercourse, and I have found that whenever possible, it does help heighten the pleasure if it's possible to take love-making out of the bedroom whenever possible. (Hint: this is when visits to grandma's house provides ample opportunity)

In our case, health problems such as joint issues do play a role especially for me and as diabetes progresses for a juvenile diabetic, it will become problematic for a man. We built on an indoor wet room to hold a 500 gallon hydrotherapy spa. We live in a subdivision so privacy was most important hence the reason we opted for an indoor wet room complete with industrial exhaust for the moisture from the spa. Whenever possible, we send our youngest to her grandmother's to visit for the night while we enjoy a nice bottle of red wine, relaxing music, perfectly heated water, & the pleasure of each others' company in the spa. It's a great place to unwind, snuggle, and for some reason the foreplay begins much sooner not to mention the fact it's more effective when we can use the spa without fear of interruption. The spa room sort of gave us the chance to give up the occasional night at a hotel with a few rooms for newlywed suites that included a jacuzzi. The spa room is decorated and inviting even though it is difficult for me to see all we did such as lighting, wall hangings, window dressings, sound system, and etc...

It's important to remember we've had 20+ yrs to get to where we are with regards to our home but having a healthy open sex life doesn't require a 500-gallon spa in a spa room addition. It's just a perk we were fortunate enough to have thanks to the fact I had assets I was able to sell off at a considerable gain then used the income from the sale to make the additions to our home. My husband drew up the plans so it was something we did together and over the years have been able to enjoy together as a joint venture.

So no, size doesn't matter. It's what you do that makes all the difference. It's a mindset where communication is key as is openness, possibly taking the lead in the situation, and a willingness to experiment to find what works for you as a couple. That's my take at least.
|
12 >>
Tags: penis size, penis
Quick Reply