Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

Movies That Inspire You (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
Requiem for a Dream was definitely one for me. Also, Rent was beautiful. I had seen the show in London before the movie came out, and both were amazing.

What are some movies that have moved or influenced you?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 16th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Losing Isaiah was one.. darling movie.
But i would have to say thes best inspirational movie ive seen is Pursuit of Happyness. LOVE it.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
What Dreams May Come. It's incredible.

And MirrorMask, but not in a "wow I want to make my life better" way. More like a "that is so freaking incredible" way.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
What dreams may come is my all time fave movie!!!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I'm downloading it right now. I went to imdb to see what its about and it sounds really good. I asked Nick if he had seen it and he said yes and it was really sad.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Call me lame but Forrest Gump was my all time fav. Exaggerated yes, but the meaning was deep.
|

Especially eHealthy
Emma2 wrote:
Call me lame but Forrest Gump was my all time fav. Exaggerated yes, but the meaning was deep.

I like FG too Wink

But as far as meaningful to me... I don't know. Movies are movies. They are good and they are bad.

Books are where its at! Wink
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I like reading, too. At Borders, we get to check two books out at a time. I'm kind of scared to do it, though. If you ruin it or rip it or damage it, you have to buy it.
|

Especially eHealthy
kaiteo wrote:
I like reading, too. At Borders, we get to check two books out at a time. I'm kind of scared to do it, though. If you ruin it or rip it or damage it, you have to buy it.

wow, that is an awesome perk!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Ingi wrote:
Emma2 wrote:

I like FG too Wink

But as far as meaningful to me... I don't know. Movies are movies. They are good and they are bad.

I agree.

Everytime I read a book and later wathc the movie i'm always disappointed . Books leave so much more to the imagination. However , Harry Potter moives I find live up to the book but it's rare.
|

Especially eHealthy
Emma2 wrote:
Ingi wrote:
Emma2 wrote:

I like FG too Wink

I agree.

Everytime I read a book and later wathc the movie i'm always disappointed . Books leave so much more to the imagination. However , Harry Potter moives I find live up to the book but it's rare.

That new Stephen King movie out, The Mist. Oh man, I loved reading that. I just know the movie will never do that justice. Movies rarely live up to the book and my imagination Wink
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Ingi: that was a short story, right? What book did it come out of? I remember reading it years ago and it's driving me nuts!
|

Especially eHealthy
Yes, it was a short story but I cannot remember the book. I think the one with the monkey on the front. A compilation of short stories... I was thinking the other day that I read it a zillion years ago and I still know I'd hate the move version Wink
|

Especially eHealthy
I found it. It was The Skeleton Crew. And it has the toy monkey on the front.

Other stories in the book:
The Ballad of the Flexible Bullet
BeachworldBig Wheels
Cain Rose Up
For Owen
Gramma
Here There Be Tygers
The Jaunt
The Man Who would Not Shake Hands
The Mist
The Monkey
Mrs. Todd's Shortcut
Morning Deliveries
Nona
Paranoid: A Chant
The Raft
The Reach
The Reaper's Image
Survivor Type
Uncle Otto's Truck
The Wedding Gig
Word Processor of the Gods

Funny, I don't remember any of them. Well, maybe Uncle Otto's Truck...
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Re: Movies That Inspire You
kaiteo wrote:
Requiem for a Dream was definitely one for me. Also, Rent was beautiful. I had seen the show in London before the movie came out, and both were amazing.

What are some movies that have moved or influenced you?

I also love "Rent" i have it on video and watch it all the time, me and matt sing the songs when they come on...
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I just finished watching What Dreams May Come...it was insane. The parts with the paint were really well done.
|

Active User, very eHealthy
The butterfly effect is also a good one...
|

Extremely eHealthy
Have any of you heard of the book "Mr Blander's dreamhouse?" by Erick Blander's?
|

Especially eHealthy
No. I haven't.
|

Extremely eHealthy
hmm, darn.
Because I know an elderly lady that's looking for that book. She lost hers and they can't find another copy. I swoooooore she was looking for "Gone with the wind" because she mentions it every once in awhile. I bought it....and found out it's not the book she was actually looking for (She has no idea I got it tho)
Oh well, I'll still give this book to her.
|
12 >>