Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lupus Forum

Weight loss and Lupus

Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....
I have had lupus now for about 4 years. I take plaquinil and I have had wonderful results with it. I exercise 3 to 5 times a week; walking, running, weight lifting, yoga. I eat fairly well; homemade meals that I try to keep low in fat and portion size. Other then my one cup of coffee in the morning, I only drink water. My thyroid tests always come out normal. I bloat every month for about 10 days which cause my clothes to be uncomfortable. All I want to loose is about 10 lbs but no matter how I change how I eat or how much I pick up the pace of my exercise program, I can't loose that 10 lbs. I'm 5'2 and currently weigh about 140; give or take, I don't own a scale. I'm not looking to be a size 5 but I just want to feel comfortable when those 10 days start. I was just wondering if anyone else out there feels my frustration. Is there anyone who has gone through this and has found something that has helped? I appreciate any feed back.
Did you find this post helpful?
|