Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

High Blood Pressure And Allegra

Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....
My doctors office is closed today so i have a question please. I ended up in the ER last nite and was released early am today. There were questions i forgot to ask the Physician before i left there. I have been taking Toprol XL 100 mg for High blood pressure for about 7 months now. Last Friday i was at my Doctors for a check up and get my prescription re-filled and my BP was 116/62. At that time i was suffering from really bad allegeries and my Doctor put me on Allegra and Flonase. I was starting feel weakness and i thought it was just a common side effect of Allegra since i had never taken it before. Well last nite at work i was becoming more lightheaded with a horrible headache. I had my BP checked and it was 196/104. I immediately went to the ER. They gave me Vicoden and did an EKG which was normal. The ER Doc said it was probably the Allegra and flonase and to stop taking it. My BP went down to 167/95 and i was released. The last time i took the Allegra was yesterday at 5 pm, but my BP is still elevated. My question is how long does it take the Allegra to get out of my system where my BP may be back to normal again? I'm not due to take my Toprol till 5pm, its 12 noon now, would it be a good idea to take it now since my BP is elevated
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 19th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
The mean elimination half-life of Allegra( fexofenadine) is 14.4 hours following administration of 60 mg twice daily.
How are you?
Is your blood pressure still elevated?
|

replied November 19th, 2007
MandMs wrote:
The mean elimination half-life of Allegra( fexofenadine) is 14.4 hours following administration of 60 mg twice daily.
How are you?
Is your blood pressure still elevated?

Actually it is back to normal now and iam feeling much better...thank you for your response, at least i know i can't take Allegra anymore Sad
|

User Profile
replied November 22nd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Are you continuing to take Flonase for allergy?
What have caused your allergic reaction?
|