Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

36 Week Doc Appt., Still 1 Cm Dilated, Now 50% Effaced

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
Yesterday, I had my 36 week doc appt. I'm still 1 cm dilated, but now I'm 50% effaced as well (I wasn't much effaced if at all last week). The best was I got a quickie ultrasound. I just asked the doctor how the baby was positioned in my belly and he started feeling around and then he said, "Wait, there's an easier way to find this out" and he did a quick ultrasound, which was a nice surprise! Tessa is still head down, and during the ultrasound, she was so cute, opening and closing her mouth like she was talking. Unfortunately, I won't see the doc again until Nov. 26 because he is out of town all next week for Thanksgiving. If I go into labor during that time, another doc I've never met is subbing for him. Since yesterday, I've been having some AF-like cramping and spotting; I don't know if it's caused by the internal exam or maybe I'm losing more of the plug. I haven't had any regular contractions though, just off/on BH contractions.

I hope everyone has a good weekend! We have an appt. tomorrow with the local EMS to get our carseat installed. I will be happy to have that done too! In the meanwhile, I'm wrapping Christmas gifts (a few actually already came in from my online orders over the weekend). I don't like gift wrapping much, but I figured if I stay on top of it and wrap things as they arrive, it will be less overwhelming in the end.

I finally got my bags packed too, all except the last minute stuff like my glasses and the cell phones and chargers. It had been worrying me so much!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 17th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
yay! sounds like your almost done! im 3 cm and i cant wait til wednsday i get a u/s! havent seen kristen since 19 weeks lol
it will be cool to see how much shes grown!
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
I can't wait to be done! You're lucky you get to see the doctor next week; mine is on vacation the whole week for Thanksgiving, so I have to go in the following week instead. I hope I won't go into labor then and need a strange doctor to deliver me.
|

Especially eHealthy
oh i hope your baby hangs in there until your dr gets back!
im ready to be done too
im so sick of being pregnant
everything hurts Sad
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
yeah i don't think i would be happy with another doctor delivering mine. But i actually have two doctors. They do practice together so if ones gone i have the other to fall on. I hope anyways. I agree though i'm ready to have this girly!
|