Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Started my menstrual period day after unprotected sex - preggy? (Page 1)

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
im 16 and i had unprotected sex on Nov.3rd i think he came in me. (by the way its my boyfriend of a year) Then the next day i started my period. does that mean anything? could i possibly be pregnant? im not experiencing many symptoms i have headaches, constipation frequent urination, i feel nausiated but i dont throw up..and ive been freezing when everyone else is cold(i dont know if thats a symptom i just decided to throw that in..lol) so AM I PREGNANT? Confused Sad Smile ... i have a plan if i am..some one help me!!!!!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile soldierswifey
|

replied November 15th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
How old are you?
|

User Profile
replied November 15th, 2007
Experienced User
futureshock wrote:
How old are you?

it says how old she is...read he post again and you'll awnser your ?

anywyas its possible that you could be pregnant...my friend had a period up until her 3rd month but i dont think its very common..id say wait till this one is done with and take a test or go and talk to a dr or a clinic.other than that good luck and feel free to pm me anytime
|

replied April 20th, 2013
I had sex (unprotected) and my period came on a day afterwards but my period was already on that month does this mean im possibly pregnant (my cycle is heavier than before nd it is mix with sperm) O and this been happing for 3 days now.
|

replied November 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
But to get your period on the very next day.....????

I guess if your are in a panic you can't really think straight. The sperm would have to live through 5 days or so of menstruation, and if they survived that, well, that's about as long as they could possibly live to begin with. The next month's egg is no where near in the vicinity to get fertilized even if a miracle sperm lasted 5 days through menstruation.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
futureshock wrote:
But to get your period on the very next day.....????

I guess if your are in a panic you can't really think straight. The sperm would have to live through 5 days or so of menstruation, and if they survived that, well, that's about as long as they could possibly live to begin with. The next month's egg is no where near in the vicinity to get fertilized even if a miracle sperm lasted 5 days through menstruation.

i only have a period for 3 days maybe she does too...
|

User Profile
replied August 29th, 2011
but sperm can only live inside you for up to 5 days MAX and thats pushing it. theres no way she could get her period and stop and ovulate all with in 3-5 days. and if she did then she would not have a proper cycle and therefore would not be able to get pregnant even if that were to all happen, but its physically impossible to have your period and stop then ovulate in 2 days
|

replied September 19th, 2012
Studies have shown that sperm has lived Max 2 weeks inside the women. And you know what...I'm currently 2months pregnant and I had sex and got my period the morning after..so this is actually very possible
|

replied October 31st, 2012
hi my name is destiny and i had unprotected sex and the guy ejaculated in me and on my bed but mostly in me(i washed the sheats just sayin)but the next morning i came on and it was a heaver flow then usual and i had already had my period this month this all happened on 10/30/12 do you think i could be pregnant
|

Extremely eHealthy
Well, never say never, right? Girls in the 1950's used to think they could get pregnant in public swimming pools and toilets.
|

Extremely eHealthy
If this bleeding was indeed your period and it was on time then you have your answer. Period = NOT PREGNANT.
|

Especially eHealthy
Sounds like you might have the flu. Freezing? Puking? Hrm. Wait until your period is due and take a pregnancy test.

Good luck.
|

replied November 17th, 2007
i had unprotected sex about a month ago,but he pulled out. but then my period came on the same day around an hour later. then my period came the day before yesterday (on the 15th, which is regular) but it finished today, which means it only lasted 2 days and a half. i am not gettin any syptoms
am i pregnant?
|

User Profile
replied August 29th, 2011
no because you had your period. twice PERIOD + NEGATIVE TESTS = NOT PREGNANT !
|

Extremely eHealthy
If you're having periods it's unlikely you're pregnant (but if you don't want to be use some contraception and pull out does not count!).

The only way to tell is to take a hpt but if you've just finished a period then I'd guess at not pregnant
|

the problem is dat my period usually lasts for 5 days,,,this time it stopped on half of the 3rd day!! Sad
|

Extremely eHealthy
Sometimes periods are just shorter, it took years for mine to become regular and even then there was a range of how long it would last. Take a test, it's honestly the only way to know, if it was a month ago when you had unprotected sex then a hpt should be accurate around now
|

ok thanx so much...but its just weird dat the both times were accurate, the only thing is that this time it stopped so quickly
but how could i be pregnant if i had my period on the same day i had sex (my period was actually due that day too)
|

Extremely eHealthy
If you had sex the day you started your period it's pretty much impossible you'd have gotten pregnant as you would have already ovulated at that point in your cycle. It can be worrying when your periods change but honestly, take a test and if it's negative (which it sounds vey much like it will be) get some birth control and you wont need to worry like this again.

Keep us updated
|

thanx Smile really appriciate it. sorry if i seemed annoyin bout all da questions, but am jus really worried
p.s, my period came on da same day, but like half an hour after we had sex

thats again..
|

Extremely eHealthy
Ask away that's what people are here for! The chances are you missed ovulating by about two weeks but we do understand it can be worrying if things are slightly different within your cycle so no need to apologise. I'd still recommend taking a test to purely put your mind at ease but I really don't think there's anything to be concerned about
|

User Profile
Supporter
it means you came on your period the next day
|

the next day??....half an hour after we had sex my period started. n it was on da due date.
concerning the post before that...what do u mean by i missed ovulating by about 2 weeks?
|

User Profile
Supporter
kouki wrote:
the next day??....half an hour after we had sex my period started. n it was on da due date.
concerning the post before that...what do u mean by i missed ovulating by about 2 weeks?

Th enext day, i was referring to the original poster. If your period was due on that day then it was your period. As for the ovulation questions:
The typical length of the menstrual cycle is 28 days. You usually ovulae 14 days into your cycle. When you had sex, you wern't ovulating because you had sex on the day of you period, day 1 of yor next cycle
|

meaning...? am not pregnant?
|