Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

Neurological Problem...hyperventilating and tingling

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
Hi, I had a problem with breathing and swallowing for a long time, about 2 months ago I had a real bad attack with it. I was hyperventilating a lot and could feel tingling all over from lack of C02. I was taken to the hospital and they took my blood pressure and found that when I was laying down my blood pressure was really high and when I stood up it flew down really far. It fluxuated from around 178 over 80 to 60 over 30 or something like that. So they admitted me with orthastatic hypotension. They found H pylori in my stomach and found that I had bad acid reflux so they put me on anti biotics and acid medicine. As soon as I got out of the hospital I started feeling dizzy still and I had these feelings of brain freeze in my head along with this feeling of being trapped in a dream state. It was very uncomfertable. I went to a neurologist and he did a spinal tap which came out with a high protein level of (61) but no more information could be found on it. They did a cat scan, mri, eeg, barre, emg, and a lot of blood work only to find nothing. All the tests came back negative. I don't even know where to go from here. The neurologist is clueless so he reffered me to another neurologist and I have a appointment with a neuro opthimologist and a psychiatrist. But I almost feel like everything is a loss cause. Does anyone have any ideas?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper improper
|

replied June 4th, 2008
lymes
You might want to get checked out on lymes and tested for it. I have similar issues
you mentioned and I'm getting tested at Igenex lab in palo alto. You can send your blood work to them. They seem to be one of the few labs that can test a whole array of lymes types of bacteria. Good luck.
Also if you start to get fatigue, muscle weakness, poor night type vision and ringing/buzzing sensation in the ears- could indicate more signs of lymes. These are just some of my symptoms.
Best of luck and hope you find and answer soon. Also with lymes it can take a few
times before actually detecting the bacteria.
|
Did you find this post helpful?