Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Green Discharge At 34 Weeks (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
So, this is kinda.. personal XD

Anywho.

Over the last few days, I've noticed my vaginal discharge had taken on a light greenish color and gotten a lot thicker. I've always had kinda thick, pure white discharge, just ever since I started my period. But now it's REALLY thick. It actually kinda looks like snot. (Oh lawdy I'm grossing myself out...)

and it alternates between coming out thick and green, and almost completely clear and really watery. I'm kinda worried I'm leaking amniotic fluids... should I be?

I'm going to my OB on Tuesday and I'm due for a swab, but should I call her before then? My mom says it's normal, but then again, she didn't take me to the hospital for 2 hours the first time I started to go into labor because she said they were BH Rolling Eyes So I don't totally trust her info anymore.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 15th, 2007
Supporter
Hmm usually green discharge indicates an infection. Maybe you should call your doctor just to be sure.. especially if you're worried about leaking amniotic fluid. Don't take any chances!
|

User Profile
Supporter
sounds like an infection id call the dr and get in to get checked out asap.
|

User Profile
Supporter
Green? That really doesn't sound normal to me, sounds like some kin of infection. I doubt it would be you're mucus plug because that's more of a pinky colour. I'd call if i were you. A urine infection at 35 weeks almost put me in premature labour
|

Extremely eHealthy
Crap. I'm at 34 weeks.

BLAR I don't want more problems ;-;

Alright ladies, I'll call my doctor after I eat lunch. Thanks!
|

User Profile
Supporter
Call, even if it's just for your peace of mind. My midwife always told me that i could call her anytime, her phone was always on, if i thought anything waswrong and she'd do her best to come and see me and if she couldn't she'd get someone else to. The last thing you want is complications when there doesn't have to be
|

Extremely eHealthy
I'm confused... why'd the title change?
|

User Profile
Supporter
What did your doctor say???

Some women don't even notice losing their plug. Mine was lost after sex and it was a blob of pink.
Never had anything green though. That sounds serious.
Keep us posted! Hope everything is ok
|

Extremely eHealthy
I called the office and she's out to lunch, and I didn't want to talk to a nurse. She'll call back in an hour.

I figured if it's anything it'd be an infection, but when my OB was describing what to watch for she said it should be lime green... this is just a light, pale green. So IDK.
|

User Profile
Supporter
Green is green.....

Green means infection

Found this from medical encyclopedia:
If your discharge is foul-smelling or frothy or yellow, green, or gray, you might have a different kind of vaginal infection or a sexually transmitted infection, even if you don't have symptoms of irritation, itching, or burning.
|

User Profile
Supporter
I had no idea i had an infection until i started having contractions
|

Extremely eHealthy
I don't even know how I'd have gotten an infection... I haven't been able to have sex since I was 23 weeks along, I wear clean undies and pants, I bathe regularly... BLAR.
|

User Profile
Supporter
It happens....

Foreign tissue (aka BABY)
|

Extremely eHealthy
Alright ladies, she called and wants to see me now. So I'll give you an update when I get back from the doctors.

Uck, and I just realized I haven't showed yet today, so I'm all gross >.< Why is it the complications never happen when I'm CLEAN?!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Yes i agree with these ladies. I started having contractions, and come to find out it was a infection. Bacterial Vaginosis. Hope all goes well, and it's simple and can be treated.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Well, I just got back... turns out, it's just mucus. My OB said that's normal (though I think it's a little odd that having mucus in my crotch is "normal")

So, yeap, all good. I don't need to do anything about it, just watch it and come back if the color changes.
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Well im glad everything was ok....
|

User Profile
Supporter
Woo hoo!!!
Sorry we all scared you!
|

Extremely eHealthy
I had green mucus and freaked out and he said it was normal. Weird, b/c everything you read says it's an infection.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I guess it wasn't green enough to be an infection... all well, better safe than sorry, right?
|
12 >>