Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Vaginal Bruises

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Hey everyone

I am a guy actually, but kinda posting on behalf of my gf.

Just to give you a lil background on our situation:
1- She's got a IUD, we're both tested against STD's so we I don't use any condom during intercourse
2- I am pretty big down there while she is very tight... AND we have a very active sex life. As in we don't do it less than twice a day during the week and no less than 5 times during weekends... I know, these 2 things mean: use lubricants. LOTS of it.

Our problem here is that when I don't use lubricants, and in this case we both go down on each others before actual intercourse, what we feel is actually multiplied by 2. Seriously. We've tried different types of lubricants and it's always the same deal. Anyway, what happened, and it's the 2nd time it occurs, is that one night my gf just woke me up in the middle of the night, we both were extremely turned on and she just got on it (she was on top which usually we never do right away, even with lubricants because of how tight she is). I could feel lots of friction... The day after she started feeling some pain and I could hardly touch her with my fingers. I could see some clear bruises on the outer lips and the bottom side of her vagina very red, showing some irritation.

You don't have to tell me to ALWAYS use lubricants from now on, we both learned our lesson and we've been going crazy for a week now as I just can't penetrate her.

But I'd like to get some advice on what she could use to help her vagina heal. She's been using some silicone-based lubricants and that helped with the irritation and the constant itching feeling that she had. The bruises on the outer lips have fully healed actually but last night we tried to have sex and she felt some pain as soon as I was in by about 2 inches or so. So I guess there is still some inner bruises. Any suggestion on anything else she could do aside from applying the lubricant?

Sorry for being a little "graphic" in my post but I wanted to show exactly the situation she's in. I am pretty sure many posters here have been through this and the reason I posted this in the Women section is to get some direct advice from women who might have experienced this before... I know it WILL heal with time but I hate seeing her like this and well, we're both going CRAZY not being able to have sex Laughing

Thanks in advance!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile littlelindylou
|

User Profile
replied November 15th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Are you sure she is bruised and its not something else like a yeast infection? Yeast infections can make sex REALLY painful, and it would also make her vagina red and itchy. If it is one, it can easily be treated by over the counter medication.
|

User Profile
replied April 9th, 2009
Experienced User
I had those same symptoms as you said.
and i talked to my mother about it and she thought it was either that my bf had bruised my vagina or a minor yeast infection. i had talked to my bf and we had been having sex 2-3 times during the course of 4 or 5 hours.
we both had talked about it and we both think that i had gotten raw, so that might be your case aswell.
|

replied December 24th, 2010
vaginal bruise
I had sex with my boyfriend and it felt fine while we were at it... but I was sore the morning after. I thought it would just subside. But by evening I was developing a bruise. The bruise has lasted 3 days and is really painful Sad I am taking painkillers. Ibuprofen or Paracetamol 500 mg. its swollen and there is a black bruise on the left side. I cant walk properly either. Sad Really sad.
|

replied June 29th, 2012
SAME! and mine still isn't going away Sad But I went to the doctors, she said wait it out and just put ice on it and keep taking the ibuprofen. i hope it helps.
|

User Profile
replied February 6th, 2011
same here
i have the same thing now, he was in me 3 days ago and i got really damaged, the inching and pain are horrible and i cant tell him abt it. he is mad cause am not respondent, pliz help. how long does it take to heal?
|

replied October 18th, 2011
im in the same situation.. it hurts when he try to penetrate and there is bruising on my labia... it rubbed raw and a slit at the bottom entrance of my vagina, rite now am too embarrassed to go to a doctor so wanted to know if there was any medz i could take
|

replied October 18th, 2011
i think it may be because she was not wet enough .. a lot of guys don't pay attention to this matter and what happenes is that they just force it in while the girl might be wet on the outside but not on the inside which causes a dry rubbing feeling that can cause bruises itchiness
i would give her a couple of days just to relax and the next day maybe try 4play for a couple of minutes (and by that i mean kissing huging fingering just to get her really wet from the inside as apposed to just on the outside) and then try really slowly if it still hurts maybe try rubbing her clitoris that will help her expand a little more and help you get in without hurting her
but def give her some time and when you do get to it do it slowly .
|

replied December 8th, 2011
this sounds REALLY gross, but try putting natural live yoghurt on the outside and a little inside your vagina with clean hands, its restores the natural balance of bacteria etc in the vagina and the cold yogurt is very soothing on any bruises! It also will help ease any itchiness. Then as you've said already just always use ++lube once you're healed, had the same problem before!
|
Users who thank 1234thol for this post: sweetnu 

replied June 26th, 2012
too rough
im glad i ran into this article. other ones say that its some kind of std or infection, but i knew it was some kind of bruising. i can tell this pain is going to stay for a while so i was wondering what i should do. go to the doctor for pain meds or just take ibuprofen? this is awful Sad
|

replied June 27th, 2012
Community Volunteer
Ibprofin should be fine. Use common sense. If you have a large tear, it should be stitched up. Normal injuries will heal by itself. If it is bleeding heavy and does not stop, see your doctor. If it does not get better, see your doctor.

You have to make extra sure you stay well lubricated during rough sex. Silicone based personal lubricants are very good for this. When you get aroused, your pain threshold shoots up. This can cause you to do something that you will not do when you are not aroused. So it is easy to injure yourself during rough sex.

Monitor yourself for an UTI or a yeast infection.
|

replied August 23rd, 2012
Bruising from sex.
I'm having the same problem. My bf and I have a lot of sex. During the week its usually 2 times and on the weekend its anywhere from3-6 times. I talked to my mom and she said it was bruising. I thought I ripped it or something. But now reading this comments I really think its bruising. I think I'm going to take some advice on what I can do to help. My pain has lasted 4-5 days. It hurts on the outside a little and on the side. I can't even touch it without wanting to scream cause it hurts. I am putt Vaseline on it to keep it mused. I really suggest to do that. I also have the UTI. I'm very small and my bf is big. We also have rough sex. I think I'm going to stop having sex for a week, keep putting Vaseline on it, ice it, take ibuprofen. I will write back in a week and tell you if it works.
|

replied June 17th, 2013
vaginia.contustion
Yes thats what happened its a contustion im still recovering going o three weeks the docs gave me iburpofren 800 for it now im irritated and spotting i ended bleeding very bad two days after the contustion i was bruised bad first time this ever happend i guess being tight and a guy having a big one does it well its better to be checked
|

replied June 17th, 2013
Actually fourth week and still aint recovered and want some fun
|

replied June 17th, 2013
I felt embarrsed i went to the after hours the next morning i didnt even feel the pain during sex untill he pointed it out well he was freaked i guess he hasnt been with a tight girl a one up for me he and he treated me like dirt but he did it on purpose thinking i was knocked and did it
|

replied June 18th, 2013
Also rubbing or massaging it out or mastirbating wil relive some of the pain nauturally
|

replied June 19th, 2013
I'm going through this as well. Has a lot of bruises on the sides and along the passage to the back, When I urinate and the pee runs on it, it pains a lot, makes me cry my eyes out. I'm taking antibiotics and I rubbed some candid-b on it. I'm in so much pain. I have about 10 different bruises and don't know how and when it will heal. Need a lot of help please.
|

replied September 21st, 2013
My saving grace for having rough ass sex!
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND what another poster said about natural live yogurt. I spent months trying to find a good way to relieve my crazy vaginal pain. I'm a pretty small girl and have a small vaginal canal so I get hurt a lot. I also suffer from minor yeast infections which is just irritating! I bought FACES GREEK yogurt and liberally spread it around the outside and inside of my vagina. My doctor says it helps reintroduce the GOOD vaginal bacteria flora back in and also soothes irritation and pain. The pain subsidies so quickly you'd be so happy.

I understand if you're with your boyfriend and he just tore u up and wants to have sex later that night. But after about an hour of NATURAL NON SWEETENED GREEK yogurt will be ur saving grace for yeast infections and bruising from rough sex and you'll feel much better.

If you can.. Leave it on over night or at least re apply it ever hour and a half if your boyfriend isn't around and ladies it helps out so much.

Another tip - after extremely rough sex where I know I will hurt the morning after I take a little bath. Just up to your belly button of warm water and let your body relax. My doctor recommended it to me because I would swell up after sex. try at least once I've been doing for about a year and works much better than Monistat and rephresh combined Smile
|

replied November 11th, 2013
vagina bruises
i hv the same problem too every month first i thought it was the my face soup bt i notice something my bf has the largest one so its always a work to put it in as iam posting this my vigina is so itchy and so im afraid to urinate help plz. zj
|

replied November 11th, 2013
Community Volunteer
An itchy vagina is often a yeast infection.
|