Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

Hemmorhoid - black lump in anus that doesn't bleed?

yesterday i noticed a black lump in my anus that hurts when i touch it but it does not bleed at all. Is this a hemmorrhoid? if not does anyone know what it could be? any answers would be greatly appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 14th, 2007
Supporter
What you describe is a perianal haematoma, or external pile. Despite this name, it is not actually a pile at all, but is really like a blood blister such as you get on your thumb if you trap it or hit it with a hammer.

What causes a blood blister in this situation is that when the bowels are opened the anus stretches, and sometimes a tiny blood vessel will rupture and cause a leak of blood just under the skin. It raises a pea-sized swelling right on the margin of the opening of the anus. It is very tender at first, because the skin is stretched over it in this very sensitive region, and when it is further stretched by passing a stool, it is even worse.

Most of these haematomas do not need any treatment.
|

so you do think this will just got away over time?
|

User Profile
Supporter
I'm sure it will. Try swabbing some witch hazel on it... it works for hemorrhoids and a lot of other things. It will at least give you some comfort in the area.
|

thanks alot for the advice
|

User Profile
Supporter
No problem! Hope it works out.
|

replied September 22nd, 2009
Black, painful bump on anus.
I'm having the same problem, I never noticed there was a bump until I had a lot of pain randomally. it seemed like i wasnt in pain when I was sitting down, but other than that I was. I'm scared.
|

replied September 22nd, 2009
I'm going to the doctor tomorrow morning, I hope its something that will just go away. It seems to bother me a little bit more at night or whenever I get up from sitting down. It feels like stinging or just a bad sensation, and I cannot sleep.
|

replied July 1st, 2010
It helped me too thanks!
Yeah I've got one too. I'm 8 months pregnant, and came out of the blue! It feels and looks just like a blood blister does. So that makes sense! Thanks!!!
|

replied March 3rd, 2013
Hi guys, I have just noticed this too!
Can anyone please help?

I'm so worried!
I can provide pictures?

Thanks

It's just a black spot/mark -I'd say painless but at the moment, I'm feeling a burning sensation around my anus -not sure if it's to do with it or not though
|
Quick Reply