Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Home Schooling

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hey guys! I was wondering if any of you get homeschooled or got homeschooled and how did you like it? Also, does it cost a lot of extra money to be homeschooled (if any).. I know it is prob. Different with every school or state but im just saying in general..

Im one of those ppl who like to think and plan ahead and im just saying if I did get pregg. I would want to be homeschooled.

Thanks!

<3
gaby :d
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 9th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Hey my sister had her baby and she was on home school. She goes to school once a week for about an hour and it costs nothing. You have to talk to your school about it though. She likes it and shes graduating early and with honors so it worked out good. If you are pregnant I would suggest it because you get your work done in a timely manner and you get to spend alot of time with your baby!
|

replied April 9th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Im homeschooled and it cost $500 for everything, you dont get any kind of other things you have to pay for or anything... I do it myself, you dont need a parent or anything to teach you the stuff, you just sit down and read a book, answer questions in the book (but for your sake only, you dont need to send them in) and then you do an exam at the end of each book and you can either submit it through the mail or go online and submit it. The website is educationdirect.Com in case you would like more information on it... You dont have to work at certain times, you dont have to do a certain amount a day. I was homeschooled for a year before I got pregnant. Im now 16 weeks pregnant so I guess its good that I already got a start on it cuz when you go through this program you dont start at a certain grade, you start from the begining of the program (which would be like starting your freshman year). But the fastest you can graduate from this is I think 9 months... Im not sure how long but its around that... But there is a total of 110 tests to take and I slacked off for 6 months but still got 27 tests in within that 6 months.
|

replied April 9th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Thanks for the info girls, if my parents allowed I think thats what I would do, because then I could work a few days a week and still be able to enjoy my baby the other days! (my moms friend owns a daycare so thats where my baby would be)

like I said im not preggo and dont wish to be, but I like to be prepared just incase somthing does happen..

Thanks again :d

<3
gaby
|

replied April 9th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Arrow
|

replied April 10th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I was homeschooled 2-5th grade....It sucks
|

replied April 10th, 2004
No, no, during my pregnancy I want to stay in school but when I had the baby i'd want to get homeschooled because I dont want to make my child watch my baby (daycare only stays open until 5)andi need to be able to work.. So I figure thats how it would work.. Laughing Laughing

<3
gaby
|

replied April 10th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Arrow
|

replied April 10th, 2004
Opps I made a typo! I meant to say I dont want to make my *parents* watch my baby, not my *child* lol.. Dumb me Embarassed Laughing

<3
gaby
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Srinivas Singaram
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Anand J. Singh