Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Death caused by blood And fecal matter in stomach ?

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
recently my mother passed away she complained of being constapated and vomiting all food and drink having trouble breathing. woke up and had trouble breathing then stop breathing ambulance people could not revive her. Could the fecal and blood in her stomach be the cause? the post mortum could not determine the cause of death yet.

How does blood and fecal matter get into her stomach?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Peale
|

replied November 13th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i dont know how fecal matter would get into her tummy

i seriously have no idea
thats strange
|

replied November 13th, 2007
Tabatha, I am very sorry for your loss. Please share with us what they discover, as I know of a similar unresolved case. God bless.
|

User Profile
replied November 14th, 2007
If there is an intestinal obstruction your body will reverse the flow of digested matter.
|

replied December 17th, 2007
Nothing So Far
i have not been told why she died yet but they are treating it as suspisious
|

replied December 17th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Nothing So Far
tabatha1 wrote:
i have not been told why she died yet but they are treating it as suspisious

they still dont know why? Sad
|

replied January 5th, 2008
Still No News
still waiting another 6 months they tell us but what can i do but wait
|

replied January 7th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Just the opposite. The blood in your stomcah gets into the fecal matter. Like a bleeding ulcer or divertiulitis or something like that ei.................
|

replied February 5th, 2008
Intestinal obstruction
I would definately think that this was an intestinal obstruction. I'm very sorry for your loss.
|

replied February 6th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
You also said she was vomiting. Was there blood there too? Usually with interal bleeding it will come out both ends eventually. Sounds like your mom lost alot of blood due to something intestinal. Was she a drinker at all?
My condolances to you and your family for such a loss. Stay strong!

Carrie
|

replied December 16th, 2011
fecal matter in the stomache
My sister has been very sick for the last 2 months. She was recently diagnosed with h-pylori, inflammation of the sternum and she was told that she has fecal matter in her stomache. Now I took medical terminology classes for a year in college and this is something that was never in any of the several medical books that we used. I just don't see how she could have ended up with fecal matter in her stomache and there has been no talk of an intestinal blockage nor have the doctors even tried to find out why she has it to begin with. She has been on antibiotics for almost 3 weeks now along with ibuproferen for the inflammation of her sternum but she isn't really getting any better. Does anyone have any ideas or heard of anything like this?
|

replied December 19th, 2011
h-pylori infection of your stomach has really nothing to do with feces in your stomach. it's a bacteria that will cause intestinal inflammation and even ulcers in your stomach if left untreated. fecal matter is a whole different issue here. There might be an obsturction somewhere in the intestines but a "back-flow" of feces into the stomach is highly unlikely. Sounds baffling to me.
|